New property Key:walk-in for amenities like clinics, barbers, hair salons that offer walk-in appointments/service?

New property Key:walk-in for amenities like clinics, barbers, hair salons that offer walk-in appointments/service?

Joseph Eisenberg
Another user has proposed the Key walk-in=* to specify if an amenity,
like a healthcare facility, sees people on a walk-in basis or not. In
particular it's for medical clinics or doctor's practices.

Suggested values are:

yes - walk-in service is available (appointments might also be available)

no - does not normally serve walk-in patients/customers (appointments required).

only - for clinics (or hair salons, barbers, etc) which only provide
"walk-in" service, and do not offer advance appointments

This looks pretty good to me, unless there is a different term used in
British English?

See https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Key:walk-in

Re: New property Key:walk-in for amenities like clinics, barbers, hair salons that offer walk-in appointments/service?

Tagging mailing list
How about using booking?
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key%3Abooking

DaveF

On 15/08/2019 03:36, Joseph Eisenberg wrote:

> Another user has proposed the Key walk-in=* to specify if an amenity,
> like a healthcare facility, sees people on a walk-in basis or not. In
> particular it's for medical clinics or doctor's practices.
>
> Suggested values are:
>
> yes - walk-in service is available (appointments might also be available)
>
> no - does not normally serve walk-in patients/customers (appointments required).
>
> only - for clinics (or hair salons, barbers, etc) which only provide
> "walk-in" service, and do not offer advance appointments
>
> This looks pretty good to me, unless there is a different term used in
> British English?
>
> See https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Key:walk-in

Re: New property Key:walk-in for amenities like clinics, barbers, hair salons that offer walk-in appointments/service?

marc marc
Le 15.08.19 à 15:26, Dave F via Tagging a écrit :
> How about using booking?
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key%3Abooking

we talk a few days ago to :
- move value used as in reservation=* into this tag to avoid
duplicate tag with the same meaning
- keep booking=* for the few booking.com urls that currently exist

Re: New property Key:walk-in for amenities like clinics, barbers, hair salons that offer walk-in appointments/service?

> On 15. Aug 2019, at 15:54, marc marc <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> - keep booking=* for the few booking.com urls that currently exist

IMHO we should not reserve tags named with a common word like „booking“ for a commercial service. Their key could be “booking.com” (provided we want these URLs and they are ok with us distributing them).

Cheers Martin

Re: reservation<>booking (was: New property Key:walk-in for amenities like clinics, barbers, hair salons that offer walk-in appointments/service?)

marc marc
Le 15.08.19 à 16:28, Martin Koppenhoefer a écrit :
>> On 15. Aug 2019, at 15:54, marc marc <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> - keep booking=* for the few booking.com urls that currently exist
>
> IMHO we should not reserve tags named with a common word like „booking“ for a commercial service. Their key could be “booking.com”
so somes firms have a too common name and need a key with a tld
and somes no ? good luck !
it makes me think of the saga facebook <> contact:facebook=*
at the end 2 keys instead of a migration that improves

so personally, I don't touch booking=*booking.com*
until a successful propal on the subject

Re: New property Key:walk-in for amenities like clinics, barbers, hair salons that offer walk-in appointments/service?

Graeme Fitzpatrick

On Fri, 16 Aug 2019 at 00:29, Martin Koppenhoefer <[hidden email]> wrote:

sent from a phone

> On 15. Aug 2019, at 15:54, marc marc <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> - keep booking=* for the few booking.com urls that currently exist

IMHO we should not reserve tags named with a common word like „booking“ for a commercial service.

I'll agree with Martin there.

There is a website hotels.com (not sure if only Australian or worldwide?) to book hotel accommodation - will we now stop using tourism=hotel so that we can list =hotels.com under reservation options? (Which I know is more than somewhat ridiculous, but once you start "reserving" words, where does it stop?)

Thanks

Graeme

On 15. Aug 2019, at 17:03, marc marc <[hidden email]> wrote:

service. Their key could be “booking.com”
Le 15.08.19 à 16:28, Martin Koppenhoefer a écrit :
On 15. Aug 2019, at 15:54, marc marc <[hidden email]> wrote:

- keep booking=* for the few booking.com urls that currently exist

IMHO we should not reserve tags named with a common word like „booking“ for a commercial service. Their key could be “booking.com
so somes firms have a too common name and need a key with a tld
and somes no ?

no, it is not about a common _name_ , the problem is that the name is an existing generic word, particularly as the people using it as a tag have stripped the information that it is about a specific company/website. There can be many “booking” but only one “booking.com”.

Cheers Martin