New stable release?

WanMil
Hi all,

from time to time we are marking releases as stable after some major
changes are applied and the most obvious bugs have been removed.

I think after Steve has done the great work to integrate the address
search also in directly created gmapsupp file it's time to mark the next
stable relase.

 From my point of view the current r2174 would be a good candidate to be
stable.

What do you think? Any objections?

WanMil

Re: New stable release?

railrun
Hi,

after the patch from Steve the streetsearch works perfect on my Oregon. But on Basecamp (Mac OS X) I still have the problem to find every Friedrichstra├če. I'm the only one who has this problem? Maybe somebody can check this? As I said, the same map (with option --gmapsupp) works perfect on my Oregon.

//Martin

Am 21.01.2012 um 17:41 schrieb WanMil:

> Hi all,
>
> from time to time we are marking releases as stable after some major
> changes are applied and the most obvious bugs have been removed.
>
> I think after Steve has done the great work to integrate the address
> search also in directly created gmapsupp file it's time to mark the next
> stable relase.
>
> From my point of view the current r2174 would be a good candidate to be
> stable.
>
> What do you think? Any objections?
>
> WanMil

Re: New stable release?

toc-rox
Friedrichstrasse search on OS X (BaseCamp 3.3.0.2 Beta):

Search for: Friedrichstrasse
near: Berlin, Berlin, DEU

Result: 1x Friedrichstrasse

Klaus

PS: Nevertheless r2174 seems to be a good candidate for a stable version.

Re: New stable release?

Steve Ratcliffe
On 21/01/12 16:51, Martin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> after the patch from Steve the streetsearch works perfect on my
> Oregon. But on Basecamp (Mac OS X) I still have the problem to find
> every Friedrichstra├če. I'm the only one who has this problem? Maybe

I saw the problem before the recent changes. I've no reason to think
that the changes would have fixed that particular problem (although I
hoped that they just might).

So I am afraid that problem remains unsolved and I do not know what
basecamp is looking for.

..Steve

Re: New stable release?

Steve Ratcliffe
Hi

>   From my point of view the current r2174 would be a good candidate to be
> stable.

Yes I think we should do it.

..Steve

Re: New stable release?

WanMil
Ok,

I've changed the wiki to mark 2179 as stable release.
 From my point of view we could ask Harry Wood if the mkgmap address
search support is a news for the wiki main page. Lot's of people have
waited for that feature desperately for a long time... Ok?

WanMil

> Hi
>
>>     From my point of view the current r2174 would be a good candidate to be
>> stable.
>
> Yes I think we should do it.
>
> ..Steve

Re: New stable release?

WanMil
Hi,

I've cleaned up the main wiki page. Some of the infos I have removed
need to be added to some subpages. But I think it is better not to put
too much info on the first wiki page...

WanMil