New tag office=consulting was added to Map Features

New tag office=consulting was added to Map Features

Joseph Eisenberg
Another user just created the page
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:office%3Dconsulting and added
the tag to Map_Features

It's been used since 2012, with over 100 uses since 2013 and now is up
over 600, but it didn't have a page before.

New description is 'An office for a consulting firm, providing expert
professional advice to other companies."

Does this look ok?

We recently discussed whether values of office=* (along with shop=*,
craft=*, building=*)  could be created and added to Map Features
without discussion, though there was not clear consensus on this.

See https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/2019-July/046869.html
and continuation in
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/2019-August/046895.html

Joseph

Re: New tag office=consulting was added to Map Features

marc marc
Le 28.08.19 à 11:19, Joseph Eisenberg a écrit :
> New description is 'An office for a consulting firm,
> providing expert professional advice to other companies."

at least a tag to specify the activity should be provided,
because with the current description, an accounting, IT security,
agricultural consulting, marketing audit can all have this tag.