New tilemaker release

Richard Fairhurst
Hi all,

I've just released v1.6 of tilemaker, the command-line utility that makes vector tiles from OpenStreetMap data without an intermediate database. It keeps everything in RAM so is best suited for city and region extracts.

You can now get up and running with vector tiles as easily as just:

tilemaker --input /path/to/your/input.osm.pbf \
    --output /path/to/your/output.mbtiles \
    --config resources/config-openmaptiles.json \
    --process resources/process-openmaptiles.lua
cd server
ruby server.rb /path/to/your/output.mbtiles

Plus lots of other improvements and reliability fixes. Thanks to everyone who's contributed!

It should build on any modern Linux or macOS system. You can download it at:

Richard

Re: New tilemaker release

Yantisa Akhadi
Thank you for this cool project!

Initially, I stumble upon a problem when I tried to run:

ruby server somembtiles.mbtiles

I got this error message ERROR NameError: uninitialized constant MapServer::JSON

As a workaround, I add: require 'json' in the server.rb file (under require 'cgi' line). And then it works like a charm. I don't know if it is just me or it would be useful for others as pull requests.

Best,

Iyan