Next Mappy Hour July 10!

Martijn van Exel-3
Hi all,
The next OSM US Virtual Mappy Hour will be on July 10 at 6pm PT / 9pm ET!
As always the Mappy Hour is a great place to catch up with your fellow mappers, and learn something new.
I am always looking for volunteers to do a 5 minute presentation on something they are working on. This can be a personal mapping project, a local mapping group update, something interesting going on at your company.. As long as it's OSM related!
See the OSM wiki for more details on how to join --> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Foundation/Local_Chapters/United_States/Virtual_Mappy_Hours
See you then!
--
  Martijn van Exel

Re: Next Mappy Hour July 10!

Martijn van Exel-3
Here's a sign up link. It helps me a lot if you fill this out if you plan to attend. Thanks!
https://forms.gle/WktPPimyB69jGnH29
--
  Martijn van Exel
  [hidden email]

On Wed, Jun 26, 2019, at 11:16, Martijn van Exel wrote:

> Hi all,
> The next OSM US Virtual Mappy Hour will be on July 10 at 6pm PT / 9pm
> ET!
> As always the Mappy Hour is a great place to catch up with your fellow
> mappers, and learn something new.
> I am always looking for volunteers to do a 5 minute presentation on
> something they are working on. This can be a personal mapping project,
> a local mapping group update, something interesting going on at your
> company.. As long as it's OSM related!
> See the OSM wiki for more details on how to join -->
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Foundation/Local_Chapters/United_States/Virtual_Mappy_Hours
> See you then!
> --
>   Martijn van Exel
>   [hidden email]

Re: Next Mappy Hour July 10!

Martijn van Exel-3
Hi all!

Here’s a reminder, Mappy Hour next Wednesday! Sending out the reminder a little early because of the upcoming holiday weekend. Details and sign up link in the thread below. So far we have 9 folks signed up. Signing up is optional but you get to express your topic preferences. So far we have a wide range:

* Tagging for data consumers
* Vodka
* Mapping bike routes and trails; and OSMAnd Specific considerations
* A future program to qualify new mappers
* Tips on how to quickly determine potentially missing/old information of existing ways (buildings, roads, forests, etc.)

I hope to see you there! July 10 6pm PT / 9pm ET

Martijn

--
  Martijn van Exel
  [hidden email]

On Wed, Jun 26, 2019, at 16:05, Martijn van Exel wrote:

> Here's a sign up link. It helps me a lot if you fill this out if you
> plan to attend. Thanks!
> https://forms.gle/WktPPimyB69jGnH29
> --
>   Martijn van Exel
>   [hidden email]
>
> On Wed, Jun 26, 2019, at 11:16, Martijn van Exel wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > The next OSM US Virtual Mappy Hour will be on July 10 at 6pm PT / 9pm
> > ET!
> > As always the Mappy Hour is a great place to catch up with your fellow
> > mappers, and learn something new.
> > I am always looking for volunteers to do a 5 minute presentation on
> > something they are working on. This can be a personal mapping project,
> > a local mapping group update, something interesting going on at your
> > company.. As long as it's OSM related!
> > See the OSM wiki for more details on how to join -->
> > https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Foundation/Local_Chapters/United_States/Virtual_Mappy_Hours
> > See you then!
> > --
> >   Martijn van Exel
> >   [hidden email]

Re: Next Mappy Hour July 10!

Martijn van Exel-3
Hi all,
Final call for people who want to present a mappy topic at tomorrow's mappy hour!
Doesn't have to be anything too formal / prepared.. Just take 5 minutes to present what you work on / how you map / how OSM has changed your life / what you think the difference is between amenity=pub and amenity=bar / ...
In any case, see you tomorrow!
--
  Martijn van Exel
  [hidden email]

On Tue, Jul 2, 2019, at 08:58, Martijn van Exel wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> Here’s a reminder, Mappy Hour next Wednesday! Sending out the reminder
> a little early because of the upcoming holiday weekend. Details and
> sign up link in the thread below. So far we have 9 folks signed up.
> Signing up is optional but you get to express your topic preferences.
> So far we have a wide range:
>
> * Tagging for data consumers
> * Vodka
> * Mapping bike routes and trails; and OSMAnd Specific considerations
> * A future program to qualify new mappers
> * Tips on how to quickly determine potentially missing/old information
> of existing ways (buildings, roads, forests, etc.)
>
> I hope to see you there! July 10 6pm PT / 9pm ET
>
> Martijn
>
> --
>   Martijn van Exel
>   [hidden email]
>
> On Wed, Jun 26, 2019, at 16:05, Martijn van Exel wrote:
> > Here's a sign up link. It helps me a lot if you fill this out if you
> > plan to attend. Thanks!
> > https://forms.gle/WktPPimyB69jGnH29
> > --
> >   Martijn van Exel
> >   [hidden email]
> >
> > On Wed, Jun 26, 2019, at 11:16, Martijn van Exel wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > > The next OSM US Virtual Mappy Hour will be on July 10 at 6pm PT / 9pm
> > > ET!
> > > As always the Mappy Hour is a great place to catch up with your fellow
> > > mappers, and learn something new.
> > > I am always looking for volunteers to do a 5 minute presentation on
> > > something they are working on. This can be a personal mapping project,
> > > a local mapping group update, something interesting going on at your
> > > company.. As long as it's OSM related!
> > > See the OSM wiki for more details on how to join -->
> > > https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Foundation/Local_Chapters/United_States/Virtual_Mappy_Hours
> > > See you then!
> > > --
> > >   Martijn van Exel
> > >   [hidden email]

Re: Next Mappy Hour July 10!

Martijn van Exel-3
Hi all,

Thanks for participating in the Virtual Mappy Hour this week! We had a record number of 16 participants (from as far away as Poland and Japan) and lively discussion on a variety of mappy topics. I enjoyed it very much and I hope you did as well.

I will announce the next Mappy Hour soon. I suggest we make the next one about field mapping and associated tools like StreetComplete, GoMap, Vespucci, Fieldpapers etc! What do you think?
--
  Martijn van Exel
  [hidden email]

On Tue, Jul 9, 2019, at 12:34, Martijn van Exel wrote:

> Hi all,
> Final call for people who want to present a mappy topic at tomorrow's
> mappy hour!
> Doesn't have to be anything too formal / prepared.. Just take 5 minutes
> to present what you work on / how you map / how OSM has changed your
> life / what you think the difference is between amenity=pub and
> amenity=bar / ...
> In any case, see you tomorrow!
> --
>   Martijn van Exel
>   [hidden email]
>
> On Tue, Jul 2, 2019, at 08:58, Martijn van Exel wrote:
> > Hi all!
> >
> > Here’s a reminder, Mappy Hour next Wednesday! Sending out the reminder
> > a little early because of the upcoming holiday weekend. Details and
> > sign up link in the thread below. So far we have 9 folks signed up.
> > Signing up is optional but you get to express your topic preferences.
> > So far we have a wide range:
> >
> > * Tagging for data consumers
> > * Vodka
> > * Mapping bike routes and trails; and OSMAnd Specific considerations
> > * A future program to qualify new mappers
> > * Tips on how to quickly determine potentially missing/old information
> > of existing ways (buildings, roads, forests, etc.)
> >
> > I hope to see you there! July 10 6pm PT / 9pm ET
> >
> > Martijn
> >
> > --
> >   Martijn van Exel
> >   [hidden email]
> >
> > On Wed, Jun 26, 2019, at 16:05, Martijn van Exel wrote:
> > > Here's a sign up link. It helps me a lot if you fill this out if you
> > > plan to attend. Thanks!
> > > https://forms.gle/WktPPimyB69jGnH29
> > > --
> > >   Martijn van Exel
> > >   [hidden email]

Re: Next Mappy Hour July 10!

Mateusz Konieczny-3
I like this idea, I would be happy to talk about StreetComplete and Vespucci.

12 Jul 2019, 23:10 by [hidden email]: