Next Meeting on Bylaws/Membership/Board

Mikel Maron
Hi

I want to organize a second meeting, following our brainstorm session a few weeks ago. We have a pretty good sketch of the issues on the table, and I think we are ready to move into some actionable steps. Especially, in my view, documenting clearly and publicly the various roles in HOT, including guide to membership and contribution.

Sticking around the same time of day as last time, please email me directly if Friday March 15 at 5pm EST, or Monday March 18 at 5pm EST, will work for you. If that doesn't build concensus on a time, we'll go the doodle route.

For reference, here are

Very rough draft Code of Conduct that Nicolas and I have been working on.

Thanks!
Mikel

* Mikel Maron * +14152835207 @mikel s:mikelmaron

Re: Next Meeting on Bylaws/Membership/Board

Mikel Maron
Greetings

Sorry for dropping the ball on scheduling this. I'd like us to try to get together sometime over the next week.

Started a doodle with times that will work best globally. Please give your times.

Thanks, looking forward to this!
Mikel

* Mikel Maron * +14152835207 @mikel s:mikelmaron

Re: Next Meeting on Bylaws/Membership/Board

Kate Chapman-2
Hey Mikel,

I don't think timezones are enabled on your doodle. Would it be
possible to do that?

I responded assuming EST though.

Thanks!

-Kate

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 12:34 AM, Mikel Maron <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Greetings
>
> Sorry for dropping the ball on scheduling this. I'd like us to try to get
> together sometime over the next week.
>
> Started a doodle with times that will work best globally. Please give your
> times.
> http://doodle.com/98wb9e7ssnpynsdf
>
> Thanks, looking forward to this!
> Mikel

> ________________________________

Hi everyone

We've settled on tomorrow April 2 10am EST on #hot on IRC. Please join!

Mikel

* Mikel Maron * +14152835207 @mikel s:mikelmaron
> ________________________________

Heather Leson
HI Mikel and folks. I have a previously booked regular meeting in this timeslot.

I will definitely review the notes and contribute after the fact.

Heather

* Mikel Maron * <a href="tel:%2B14152835207" value="+14152835207" target="_blank">+14152835207 @mikel s:mikelmaron
> ________________________________

Director of Community Engagement
Ushahidi
[hidden email]
www.ushahidi.com and https://wiki.ushahidi.com
@heatherleson / skype: heatherleson

Notes from the Bylaws/Membership/Board meeting

Mikel Maron
Hi everyone

Just had a good productive hour with a handful of us. We reviewed the last meeting, and all the brainstorm notes, and revisited a few issues.
Switched into work mode, and settled on outcomes for the group would be three documents:

# "HOT Code": Specific rights, requirements, and expectations for members (meaning legal members of the organization). Some of this will be relevant for Hotties generally (like the Code of Conduct section), and it can be referred to from other docs. We've started an outline, and will be moving items from the brainstorm docs as appropriate into the outline. Please lend a hand if you are inspired.

# "HOT Guide": A broad look at how HOT operates, the different components of the organization, and specificly, how to get involved as a Hottie.

# "Bylaws Amendments": A specific list of legal amendments needed for our bylaws. This would be presented to Members for approval.

For reference, the previous brainstorm docs:

Thanks
-Mikel

* Mikel Maron * +14152835207 @mikel s:mikelmaron

We've settled on tomorrow April 2 10am EST on #hot on IRC. Please join!

Mikel

* Mikel Maron * +14152835207 @mikel s:mikelmaron
> ________________________________

Re: Notes from the Bylaws/Membership/Board meeting

Russell Deffner

Mikel and interested Hotties,

I think I just about got the copy and paste portion of the HOT Code document done.  I especially liked how copying from one hackpad to another keeps the original author, so if you’re wondering how/why your words got added, simple copy/paste.  Please review in case I missed something.

Cheers,

=Russ

We've settled on tomorrow April 2 10am EST on #hot on IRC. Please join!

Mikel

* Mikel Maron * +14152835207 @mikel s:mikelmaron

> ________________________________

Hey everyone

I just found a moment to look at the work from the past couple weeks on the HOT Code. It's looking good. The overall structure covers everything. Pretty much all the raw material is there.

What we need to do now is condense down the ideas and discussion points into concise lists, decide what's in or out (or more appropriate in another doc), and then revise into a draft document form. I figure we can finish this up in run up and during the next meeting.

How does this coming Tuesday at 10am EST work? Perhaps we can make that a regular time for organizational type HOT meetings.

Mikel

* Mikel Maron * +14152835207 @mikel s:mikelmaron

I think I just about got the copy and paste portion of the HOT Code document done.  I especially liked how copying from one hackpad to another keeps the original author, so if you’re wondering how/why your words got added, simple copy/paste.  Please review in case I missed something.

Cheers,
=Russ

We've settled on tomorrow April 2 10am EST on #hot on IRC. Please join!

Mikel

* Mikel Maron * +14152835207 @mikel s:mikelmaron

We have a critical mass for Tuesday, 10am EST. #hot on irc.oftc.net.

Please put a little time in on the document before that. Whether or not you can attend, it's helpful.