OS Open Greenspace tileset

Richard Fairhurst
Hi all,

I've put together a simple tileset showing greenspace areas from Ordnance Survey's recent OS Open Greenspace release. The data is released under the standard OS open licence therefore suitable for tracing in OSM.

Many features are already in OSM, but not all, and in addition the names might be helpful.

The tiles also include a few greenspace-related features from OSM and the basic OSM road/path network.

You can add the tiles to your favourite editor using this URL:
http://osm.cycle.travel/greenspace/{z}/{x}/{y}.png

(The tileserver is a bit slow at small scales right now but I'll optimise it later.)

cheers
Richard

Re: OS Open Greenspace tileset

Jez Nicholson
Nice.

When they released OS Open Greenspace it immediately made me shout. There are lots of places that they don't regard as greenspace that clearly are, plus there are nuances.

Can you tell from the render which areas are pulled in from OSM? I'm comparing the layers in JOSM and can see when an area exactly matches OSM.

Do you want any specific feedback, or is it too early to comment?

Regards,
             Jez

On Fri, Jun 14, 2019 at 10:24 AM Richard Fairhurst <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

I've put together a simple tileset showing greenspace areas from Ordnance Survey's recent OS Open Greenspace release. The data is released under the standard OS open licence therefore suitable for tracing in OSM.

Many features are already in OSM, but not all, and in addition the names might be helpful.

The tiles also include a few greenspace-related features from OSM and the basic OSM road/path network.

You can add the tiles to your favourite editor using this URL:
http://osm.cycle.travel/greenspace/{z}/{x}/{y}.png

(The tileserver is a bit slow at small scales right now but I'll optimise it later.)

cheers
Richard

Re: OS Open Greenspace tileset

Robert Whittaker (OSM lists)
On Fri, 14 Jun 2019 at 10:24, Richard Fairhurst <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I've put together a simple tileset showing greenspace areas from Ordnance Survey's recent OS Open Greenspace release. The data is released under the standard OS open licence therefore suitable for tracing in OSM.
>
> Many features are already in OSM, but not all, and in addition the names might be helpful.
>
> The tiles also include a few greenspace-related features from OSM and the basic OSM road/path network.
>
> You can add the tiles to your favourite editor using this URL:
> http://osm.cycle.travel/greenspace/{z}/{x}/{y}.png

That's great -- many thanks Richard. A related existing service is
https://openover.raggedred.net/ , which shows OS Greenspace and also
Access Land polygons.

By the way, if anyone is in to tileservers for helping OSM, some tiles
with a rendering of OS Open Roads (with their names) would be really
useful I think:
https://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/business-and-government/products/os-open-roads.html
.

Robert.