OSM Carto stylesheet vs Release osm2pgsql 1.3.0

OSM Carto stylesheet vs Release osm2pgsql 1.3.0

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr)
On 7/28/2020 4:39 AM, Sarah Hoffmann wrote:
Further changes:
  • The pgsql output now looks for lua script relative to the style.json file.
    This is a breaking change. Users might have to change the file names of
    their lua scripts in the style files.

Does anyone know if changes need to be made to the OpenStreetMap Carto stylesheet or is it already compatible with this breaking change?

I confess that I run a planet-wide tile server with the OSM Carto stylesheet and using osm2pgsql to apply updates but I have NO idea just what is in the stylesheet and how it all works with osm2pgsql.  I've put in the documented commands and it "just works", at least pending this question.

Lynn (D)

Re: OSM Carto stylesheet vs Release osm2pgsql 1.3.0

Christoph Hormann-2
On Wednesday 29 July 2020, Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) wrote:

> >   * The pgsql output now looks for lua script relative to the
> >
> >     |style.json| file.
> >
> >     This is a breaking change. Users might have to change the file
> >     names of
> >     their lua scripts in the style files.
>
> Does anyone know if changes need to be made to the OpenStreetMap
> Carto stylesheet or is it already compatible with this breaking
> change?

OSM-Carto has no style.json file, you specify the lua script directly at
the command line - i think the quoted change applies to the multi/flex
backends only, though the documentation is not very clear in the
terminology used ('pgsql output' vs. 'pgsql backend').

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/

Re: OSM Carto stylesheet vs Release osm2pgsql 1.3.0

Sarah Hoffmann
On Wed, Jul 29, 2020 at 02:59:24PM +0200, Christoph Hormann wrote:

> On Wednesday 29 July 2020, Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) wrote:
> > >
> > >   * The pgsql output now looks for lua script relative to the
> > >
> > >     |style.json| file.
> > >
> > >     This is a breaking change. Users might have to change the file
> > >     names of
> > >     their lua scripts in the style files.
> >
> > Does anyone know if changes need to be made to the OpenStreetMap
> > Carto stylesheet or is it already compatible with this breaking
> > change?
>
> OSM-Carto has no style.json file, you specify the lua script directly at
> the command line - i think the quoted change applies to the multi/flex
> backends only, though the documentation is not very clear in the
> terminology used ('pgsql output' vs. 'pgsql backend').

Indeed, that was a minor error in the release notes. I fixed that.

Filenames given on the command line are relative to the current
path. Only file names that appear in style files are interpreted
relative to the style file. The pgsql output used by Carto does
not have the latter. So: nothing changes.

Sarah

Re: OSM Carto stylesheet vs Release osm2pgsql 1.3.0

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr)
Thank you for the clarification.  Off to upgrade!

Lynn (D)