OSM Wiki broken?

Alex Willmer
Evening/Morning all,

Sorry I missed the Birthday celebrations, a bit too much going on atm to
make the trip from Brum.

I tried to make an edit to the wiki but was presented with an error when
saving my changes:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/wiki/index.php?title=MakingTracksWithHomebrewWare&action=submit
Database error

A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in
the software. The last attempted database query was:
        (SQL query hidden)
from within function "SearchUpdate::doUpdate". MySQL returned error
"1016: Can't open file: 'searchindex.MYI' (errno: 145) (localhost)".

Regards

Alex

Re: OSM Wiki broken?

stevec-4
Known problem.

If you google around you find that mediawiki's search function can be
buggy and its better to use the option of google for searches. But I
couldn't find quick instructions for doing this...

> Evening/Morning all,
>
> Sorry I missed the Birthday celebrations, a bit too much going on atm to
> make the trip from Brum.
>
> I tried to make an edit to the wiki but was presented with an error when
> saving my changes:
>
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/wiki/index.php?title=MakingTracksWithHomebrewWare&action=submit
> Database error
>

> A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in
> the software. The last attempted database query was:
>         (SQL query hidden)
> from within function "SearchUpdate::doUpdate". MySQL returned error
> "1016: Can't open file: 'searchindex.MYI' (errno: 145) (localhost)".
>
> Regards
>
> Alex

have fun,

SteveC [hidden email] http://www.fractalus.com/steve/

Re: OSM Wiki broken?

stevec-4
Fixed

On Wed, 2005-08-10 at 16:57 +0100, SteveC wrote:
> Fixed

Thankyou, I even didn't need to resubmit my edit.

Next would there be any objections to me making pages such as
MakingTracksWithHomebrewWare a redirect to a page with the title
correctly spaced?

I.e. MakingTracksWithHomebrewWare > Making Tracks With Homebrew Ware

Purely for cosmetic reasons.

Regards

Alex

Re: OSM Wiki broken?

stevec-4
> On Wed, 2005-08-10 at 16:57 +0100, SteveC wrote:
> > Fixed
> >

> Thankyou, I even didn't need to resubmit my edit.

Yeah, it was the search stuff that was broken, not the wiki itself.

> Next would there be any objections to me making pages such as
> MakingTracksWithHomebrewWare a redirect to a page with the title
> correctly spaced?

Edit away, don't feel the need to ask! :-)