OSM bookmarklet

Frank Hebbert
I have documented my low-tech bookmarket, I use this to locate a place in Multimap, and then view the same location in OSM.

http://www.openstreetmap.org/wiki/index.php/User:Frankh#OSM_bookmarklet

If this is fair use of Multimap, and if there are no objections, I will move the howto from my user page into the main body of the wiki. There are lots of potential innovations - zoom, going straight to edit instead of view, etc

The idea is lifted from Tagzania - http://www.tagzania.com/doc/about/bookmarklets

Frank

RE: OSM bookmarklet

ANDY ROBINSON-2
Frank, you have come up with a nice little workaround to get to a required
location in OSM until the navigation/slippy navigation is improved in OSM
itself.

Andy Robinson

Re: OSM bookmarklet

Tom Carden
On 11/19/05, Andy Robinson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Frank, you have come up with a nice little workaround to get to a required
> location in OSM until the navigation/slippy navigation is improved in OSM
> itself.

It's certainly useful for the reasons Andy mentions, but it's not
something I would recommend deploying on a large scale for the usual
reasons - it sends the wrong message about comparisons between
commercial maps and OSM, and makes it super easy to copy features from
there to here.

Tom.