[OSM-legal-talk] source=telephone_survey?

[OSM-legal-talk] source=telephone_survey?

Santiago Crespo
Hi,

I'm wondering if it is OK to add information about a place to OSM
obtained from a call to that place.

Example: I know that the Prado museum has several entrances, as I've
seen people waiting in line there. I want to call the museum and ask
about their available entrances: name, orientation, wheelchair
accessible or not, etc. and then add them to the map.

Thank you,
Santiago Crespo

Re: [OSM-legal-talk] source=telephone_survey?

SimonPoole

While going there and checking for yourself would clearly be better
(with input from the operators), I don't see any legal reason why this
should be problematic, as long as they are aware:

- what the information is going to be used for

- are authorised to give it out

Both points however have more to do with politeness and ethical
behaviour than legal reasoning though.

SImon