OSM server under load? view-map problems

OSM server under load? view-map problems

Alex Willmer
Steve et al,

I was hoping to followup an OSM pitch I made to a local LUG. But the
static renderer appears to be having problems. The overview map of
Birmingham to which I normally link, is rendering with only the Landsat
background:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/edit/view-map.html?lat=52.5&lon=-1.8&scale=0.0006

Has this extent hit some segements/memory/timeout/other limit?

Also, how is the server holding upto the load/bandwidth demands of OSM?
Presumably someone is kindly hosting OSM pro bono, is hosting likely to
be a problem in the near future?

Regards and thanks

Alex

Re: OSM server under load? view-map problems

Petter Reinholdtsen

[Alex Willmer]
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/edit/view-map.html?lat=52.5&lon=-1.8&scale=0.0006

No idea about your problem, but I got a better view when I zoomed out a bit.

<URL:http://www.openstreetmap.org/edit/view-map.html?lat=52.5&lon=-1.8&scale=0.0009>

Do the machine have munin graphs of the performance and load?

Re: Re: OSM server under load? view-map problems

Steve Coast
* @ 11/11/05 08:12:57 AM [hidden email] wrote:

> [Alex Willmer]
> > http://www.openstreetmap.org/edit/view-map.html?lat=52.5&lon=-1.8&scale=0.0006
>
> No idea about your problem, but I got a better view when I zoomed out a bit.
>
> <URL:http://www.openstreetmap.org/edit/view-map.html?lat=52.5&lon=-1.8&scale=0.0009>
>
> Do the machine have munin graphs of the performance and load?

They do now

http://www.openstreetmap.org/wiki/index.php/Feeds#Server_Load

Some of the graphs might be broken, if somebody watches it and lets me
know once they've drawn some stuff...

have fun,

SteveC [hidden email] http://www.asklater.com/steve/