OSMUK

Jez Nicholson
With a fairly low-key start, OSMUK are beginning a series of https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/UK_24_hour_mapathons today, 12 June 2019.

Similar to the Quarterly Project we aren't forcing this in a particular direction by lots of planning upfront. The process will evolve over time. In fact, you could discuss that on the 'talk' pages, or here (and then write up?).

Regards,
              Jez

Re: OSMUK

Gregory Marler
Is anyone planning on doing some mapping as part of this?

So far I've only seen minor edits from Amazon Logistics staff.
They weren't aware of the Mapathon until I sent them a message with some links, so there's been no deliberate focus. Previously I invited them to the OSM UK event, which they don't intend to go to but will be at Stat of the Map in Germany.

From Durham,
Gregory.

On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 at 09:21, Jez Nicholson <[hidden email]> wrote:
With a fairly low-key start, OSMUK are beginning a series of https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/UK_24_hour_mapathons today, 12 June 2019.

Similar to the Quarterly Project we aren't forcing this in a particular direction by lots of planning upfront. The process will evolve over time. In fact, you could discuss that on the 'talk' pages, or here (and then write up?).

Regards,
              Jez

Gregory Marler
No More Grapes
07939 689 691

Re: OSMUK

talk-gb

Not sure the weather in the area is suitable for surveys today and there is not much street level imagery for remote mapping (maybe just the A4034 in Far Bletchley)