Online mappy hour

Martijn van Exel-3
Hi all,

You may remember that I hosted online ‘virtual mappy hours’ a few years ago.

I thought it was nice and I want to resume them.

Some topics for a next one:

* State of the map US — what would make you want to be there? Thinking about presenting? Some details about the planning process
* Imports — I feel like we’ve seen quite a few proposals lately. Opinions? Did you submit a proposal and want to discuss?
* Ask the board — I’ll invite someone from the board to attend for a Q&A
* MapRoulette — If you all are interested I am happy to talk about the latest features or walk you through how to set up a challenge.
* your favorite topic, let me know.

How does next Thursday 6pm PDT / 9pm EDT sound? I’m open to alternative times, if you’re interested in joining you get to help decide when we’ll do it :)

There will be a video option (zoom) but you will also be able to dial-in if you don’t fancy proprietary tools on your computer. I’ll send details once we settle on a day and time.

Looking forward to chatting!

Martijn

Re: Online mappy hour

Ian Dees
Thank you so much for hosting this again, Martijn!

The time sounds good to me.

On Mon, Mar 18, 2019 at 12:07 PM Martijn van Exel <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Richard Welty-2
On 3/18/19 1:05 PM, Martijn van Exel wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> You may remember that I hosted online ‘virtual mappy hours’ a few years ago.
>
> I thought it was nice and I want to resume them.

i liked them and am happy to see their return.

> How does next Thursday 6pm PDT / 9pm EDT sound? I’m open to alternative times, if you’re interested in joining you get to help decide when we’ll do it :)

next thursday as in the 21st or the 28th? i'm going to be on my flight
to IETF on the 21st but back on the 28th if the airlines cooperate.

richard

 OpenStreetMap - PostgreSQL - Linux
 Java - Web Applications - Search

Re: Online mappy hour

Martijn van Exel-3

> On Mar 18, 2019, at 1:57 PM, Richard Welty <[hidden email]> wrote:
[..]
> next thursday as in the 21st or the 28th? i'm going to be on my flight
> to IETF on the 21st but back on the 28th if the airlines cooperate.

Sorry, I meant the 28th.

Martijn

Re: Online mappy hour

brad
I'll be traveling, but I'll try to dial in.

On 3/18/19 12:20 PM, Martijn van Exel wrote:

>> On Mar 18, 2019, at 1:57 PM, Richard Welty <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [..]
>> next thursday as in the 21st or the 28th? i'm going to be on my flight
>> to IETF on the 21st but back on the 28th if the airlines cooperate.
> Sorry, I meant the 28th.
>
> Martijn

Re: Online mappy hour

Clifford Snow
Thanks for clarifying the date - I can make the 28th 6PM PDT. Adding it to my calendar.

On Mon, Mar 18, 2019 at 11:20 AM Martijn van Exel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mar 18, 2019, at 1:57 PM, Richard Welty <[hidden email]> wrote:
[..]
> next thursday as in the 21st or the 28th? i'm going to be on my flight
> to IETF on the 21st but back on the 28th if the airlines cooperate.

Sorry, I meant the 28th.

Martijn

@osm_seattle
OpenStreetMap: Maps with a human touch

Re: Online mappy hour

stevea
I believe I can make that date and time!  (I do use zoom.us with clients (though I don't / won't use Slack and other proprietary tools) ; THANK YOU for making a dial-in option available for those who tend towards Luddite / more open / old-fashioned comm methods).  Of course, I'm assuming you'll let us know (here?) the zoom credentials and/or a conference call phone #.

And, I look forward to the camaraderie of a mappy hour!  Fantastic this is cranking back up!

SteveA

Re: Online mappy hour

Martijn van Exel-3

Quite a few people can make next Thursday the 28th, at 6pm PDT / 9pm
EDT. So let's hold the mappy hour then.

Please find the dial-in and video options below. There are zoom clients
for Windows, Linux, and Mac if you want to participate with video.

I look forward to chatting on Thursday.

--
Martijn

---8<---8<---8<---8<---8<---8<---8<

Martijn van Exel is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: OSM Mappy Hour
Time: Mar 28, 2019 7:00 PM Mountain Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://telenav.zoom.us/j/309926315

One tap mobile
+16699006833,,309926315# US (San Jose)