Open iD editor at a specific zoom level?

Open iD editor at a specific zoom level?

Tac Tacelosky
I'm linking the elements from our Street View system to OSM's iD
editor, since our editing environment will only provide for one tag +
a name tag.  We link to

http://www.openstreetmap.org/edit?editor=id&node=2270864880

but the zoom level is so close in it's hard to use.  Is there a way to
set the zoom level from the URL?

Thanks,

Tac

Re: Open iD editor at a specific zoom level?

Tom Hughes-3
On 22/05/13 13:21, Tac Tacelosky wrote:

> I'm linking the elements from our Street View system to OSM's iD
> editor, since our editing environment will only provide for one tag +
> a name tag.  We link to
>
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/edit?editor=id&node=2270864880
>
> but the zoom level is so close in it's hard to use.  Is there a way to
> set the zoom level from the URL?

The answer appears to be no, because any zoom specified in the URL is
not passed through to iD if an object is specified.

I don't know if iD would respect a zoom if we did pass it, but in case
it seems to me that zoom 24 is a bit insane so I would suggest filing a
bug against iD to get a better default zoom when a node is selected.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes ([hidden email])
http://compton.nu/

Re: Open iD editor at a specific zoom level?

Tac Tacelosky
Thanks -- I wanted to check if there was a way before (mis-)reporting
a bug, which I've done now:

https://github.com/systemed/iD/issues/1511

Tac