OpenStreetBugs Phase Out. please help fixing open bugs

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

OpenStreetBugs Phase Out. please help fixing open bugs

Werner Hoch
Hi all,

the Notes features is active since April now.

Many users have started creating Notes (OSN) instead of OpenStreetBug
(OSB) entries.

I'm currently trying to push the phase out of OSB with various methods:

* Updating the wiki with deprecation notices of OSB [1]
* Collecting infomations about programs that are still using OSB [2]
* Wrote a blog entry to sketch the phase out [3]
* created stats about the distribution of bugs [4] ... and started
fixing and reviewing bugs in Africa and other areas with low bug density
* created a wiki page to organize the phase out [5]

Most of the Open Bugs are in Germany and in Russia:
[DE]15125
[RU]6474
[GB]2740
[US]1586
[IT]1227
[FR]1091
[BE]1068

Currently there are about 41000 open bugs in the OSB database.

I think the best strategy is to fix as many open bugs as possible and
close all bugs that are no longer valid.
In about two month, make a mapping party and review the remaining bugs
and move good bug reports to OSN.

For some tasks I need some help:
1. Please fix as many bugs as possible. (all mappers, especially local)
2. Collect more programs and websites that are creating OSBs [2]
3. update Wiki main pages to use OSN instead of OSB:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Af:Main Page
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Fi:Main Page
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Fi:WikiProject Finland
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Id:Halaman Utama
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Ko:첫 페이지
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Pl:FAQ
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Si:Main Page
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Sr:Main Page
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Th:Main Page
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Uk:Main Page

If you speek one of the language, can you change the wiki page, please?

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Main page beta
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Main Page/test
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Portals beta

What are the test and beta pages good for? Update them, too?


Any comment and help is welcome

Thanks and regards
Werner (werner2101)


[1]https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OpenStreetBugs
[2]
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OpenStreetBugs#Tools_for_Using_and_Exporting_Data
[3]http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/werner2101/diary/20213
http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/werner2101/diary/20268
[4]http://www.h-renrew.de/h/osm/osmchecks/09_osb_phaseout/
[5]https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OpenStreetBugs/Phase_Out



_______________________________________________
talk mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/talk
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OpenStreetBugs Phase Out. please help fixing open bugs

SimonPoole

I just want to quickly use the opportunity to thank emka and everybody
else who has worked on OSB over the years, historically and current.

While I'm sure some of you have mixed feelings about the service being
laid to rest, however the concept has proven itself and in the end the
integration in to the main web site can be counted as a big success.

Simon


_______________________________________________
talk mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/talk
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OpenStreetBugs Phase Out. please help fixing open bugs

Eugene Sandulenko
In reply to this post by Werner Hoch
I fixed Russian and Ukrainian pages and also changed https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Template:Quick_contact template which was pointing to OSB too.


Eugene


On 29 October 2013 00:42, Werner Hoch <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

the Notes features is active since April now.

Many users have started creating Notes (OSN) instead of OpenStreetBug
(OSB) entries.

I'm currently trying to push the phase out of OSB with various methods:

* Updating the wiki with deprecation notices of OSB [1]
* Collecting infomations about programs that are still using OSB [2]
* Wrote a blog entry to sketch the phase out [3]
* created stats about the distribution of bugs [4] ... and started
fixing and reviewing bugs in Africa and other areas with low bug density
* created a wiki page to organize the phase out [5]

Most of the Open Bugs are in Germany and in Russia:
[DE]15125
[RU]6474
[GB]2740
[US]1586
[IT]1227
[FR]1091
[BE]1068

Currently there are about 41000 open bugs in the OSB database.

I think the best strategy is to fix as many open bugs as possible and
close all bugs that are no longer valid.
In about two month, make a mapping party and review the remaining bugs
and move good bug reports to OSN.

For some tasks I need some help:
1. Please fix as many bugs as possible. (all mappers, especially local)
2. Collect more programs and websites that are creating OSBs [2]
3. update Wiki main pages to use OSN instead of OSB:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Af:Main Page
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Fi:Main Page
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Fi:WikiProject Finland
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Id:Halaman Utama
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Ko:첫 페이지
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Pl:FAQ
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Si:Main Page
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Sr:Main Page
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Th:Main Page
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Uk:Main Page

If you speek one of the language, can you change the wiki page, please?

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Main page beta
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Main Page/test
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Portals beta

What are the test and beta pages good for? Update them, too?


Any comment and help is welcome

Thanks and regards
Werner (werner2101)


[1]https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OpenStreetBugs
[2]
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OpenStreetBugs#Tools_for_Using_and_Exporting_Data
[3]http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/werner2101/diary/20213
http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/werner2101/diary/20268
[4]http://www.h-renrew.de/h/osm/osmchecks/09_osb_phaseout/
[5]https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OpenStreetBugs/Phase_Out



_______________________________________________
talk mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/talk


_______________________________________________
talk mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/talk
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OpenStreetBugs Phase Out. please help fixing open bugs

Werner Hoch
In reply to this post by Werner Hoch
Just a small update.


Am Montag, den 28.10.2013, 23:42 +0100 schrieb Werner Hoch:
> Currently there are about 41000 open bugs in the OSB database.

dropped to 39500 and is decreasing with a good rate, thanks to all.

> I think the best strategy is to fix as many open bugs as possible and
> close all bugs that are no longer valid.
> In about two month, make a mapping party and review the remaining bugs
> and move good bug reports to OSN.
>
> For some tasks I need some help:
> 1. Please fix as many bugs as possible. (all mappers, especially local)
> 2. Collect more programs and websites that are creating OSBs [2]

.. we found some more web pages. Thanks to the contributors

> 3. update Wiki main pages to use OSN instead of OSB:
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Af:Main Page

> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Fi:Main Page
done, thanks
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Fi:WikiProject Finland
done, thanks

> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Id:Halaman Utama
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Ko:첫 페이지
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Pl:FAQ
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Si:Main Page
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Sr:Main Page

> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Th:Main Page
done, thanks
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Uk:Main Page
done, thanks
>
> If you speek one of the language, can you change the wiki page, please?
>
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Main page beta
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Main Page/test
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Portals beta
replaced OSB with Notes, too.



_______________________________________________
talk mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/talk
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OpenStreetBugs Phase Out. please help fixing open bugs

Dominik George
In reply to this post by Werner Hoch
Hi,

> 1. Please fix as many bugs as possible. (all mappers, especially local)

That would be easy if the website were working properly. Evertime I
click a bug on the map, I cannot close the "bubble" again and have to
reload the page, scroll and zoom to the destination area again, and only
then can open the next bug.

I am using Iceweasel (Firefox) 25.0 on Debian.

-nik

--
Wer den Grünkohl nicht ehrt, ist der Mettwurst nicht wert!

PGP-Fingerprint: 3C9D 54A4 7575 C026 FB17  FD26 B79A 3C16 A0C4 F296

_______________________________________________
talk mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/talk

signature.asc (923 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OpenStreetBugs Phase Out. please help fixing open bugs

Dominik George
> > 1. Please fix as many bugs as possible. (all mappers, especially local)
>
> That would be easy if the website were working properly. Evertime I
> click a bug on the map, I cannot close the "bubble" again and have to
> reload the page, scroll and zoom to the destination area again, and only
> then can open the next bug.
>
> I am using Iceweasel (Firefox) 25.0 on Debian.

Hmm, http://osmbugs.org/ works ok. That kind of solves the problem;
however, the main websit at http://openstreetbugs.shokokeks.org is
broken.

-nik

--
Wer den Grünkohl nicht ehrt, ist der Mettwurst nicht wert!

PGP-Fingerprint: 3C9D 54A4 7575 C026 FB17  FD26 B79A 3C16 A0C4 F296

_______________________________________________
talk mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/talk

signature.asc (923 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OpenStreetBugs Phase Out. please help fixing open bugs

Carsten Nielsen-2

Den 03-11-2013 12:58, Dominik George skrev:

>>> 1. Please fix as many bugs as possible. (all mappers, especially local)
>> That would be easy if the website were working properly. Evertime I
>> click a bug on the map, I cannot close the "bubble" again and have to
>> reload the page, scroll and zoom to the destination area again, and only
>> then can open the next bug.
>>
>> I am using Iceweasel (Firefox) 25.0 on Debian.
> Hmm, http://osmbugs.org/ works ok. That kind of solves the problem;
> however, the main websit at http://openstreetbugs.shokokeks.org is
> broken.
>
> -nik

When i look at http://osmbugs.org/ is see several bugs which I have commented on via the
notes feature on the http://www.openstreetmap.org site.
So I dont think the original request "In about two month, make a mapping party and review
the remaining bugs and move good bug reports to OSN." is concerning the

http://osmbugs.org/ site


Carsten


_______________________________________________
talk mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/talk
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OpenStreetBugs Phase Out. please help fixing open bugs

Werner Hoch
Am Sonntag, den 03.11.2013, 13:37 +0100 schrieb Carsten Nielsen:
> When i look at http://osmbugs.org/ is see several bugs which I have commented on via the
> notes feature on the http://www.openstreetmap.org site.
> So I dont think the original request "In about two month, make a mapping party and review
> the remaining bugs and move good bug reports to OSN." is concerning the
> http://osmbugs.org/ site

The page http://osmbugs.org/ can display OpenStreetBugs and Notes.
This page has no own database of bugs.

The OpenStreetBugs are located in a database at
http://openstreetbugs.schokokeks.org/.

You can disable the display of Notes on http://osmbugs.org/ with the
layers.

With "In about two month... " I meant all bugs that are in the
http://openstreetbugs.schokokeks.org/ no matter which interface you're
using to create, comment, close them.

List of Interfaces, see
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Openstreetbug#Tools_for_Using_and_Exporting_Data

Regards
Werner





_______________________________________________
talk mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/talk
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OpenStreetBugs Phase Out. please help fixing open bugs

moltonel 3x Combo
In reply to this post by Dominik George
On 03/11/2013, Dominik George <[hidden email]> wrote:
> That would be easy if the website were working properly. Evertime I
> click a bug on the map, I cannot close the "bubble" again and have to
> reload the page, scroll and zoom to the destination area again, and only
> then can open the next bug.


I find the website a bit finnicky too, but clicking on the actual bug
icon (not the bubble and not a different bug's icon. The actual icon
that you originally used to open the bubble) works for me.

Then of course, you can use any of the tools mentioned on the wiki,
the shocokegs website is just one way to edit OSB.

_______________________________________________
talk mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/talk
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OpenStreetBugs Phase Out. please help fixing open bugs

Werner Hoch
In reply to this post by Werner Hoch

another update ...

Am Sonntag, den 03.11.2013, 13:13 +0100 schrieb Werner Hoch:
> Am Montag, den 28.10.2013, 23:42 +0100 schrieb Werner Hoch:
> > Currently there are about 41000 open bugs in the OSB database.
>
> dropped to 39500 and is decreasing with a good rate, thanks to all.
>
dropped now below 35500 bugs.
I've closed, fixed or moved the remaining bugs in South America yesterday.
see [4] for details.

In North/Middle America only 4 countries remaining:
US: 676
CA: 515
HT: 625
DO: 84

In the east it would be cool if someone could review and fix the bugs
remaining in
JP: 59
TW: 26
CN: 18

Review of that bugs isn't that easy ;-). Even not with google translate.

I've published the tool now, that I've written on the phase out pages
[4][5].

There are still some wiki pages that use OSB:
> > https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Af:Main Page
> > https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Id:Halaman Utama
> > https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Pl:FAQ
> > https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Si:Main Page
> > https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Sr:Main Page
If you speek one of the language, can you update the wiki page, please?

Regards
Werner
 

> > [1]https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OpenStreetBugs
> > [2]
> > https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OpenStreetBugs#Tools_for_Using_and_Exporting_Data
> > [3]http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/werner2101/diary/20213
> > http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/werner2101/diary/20268
> > [4]http://www.h-renrew.de/h/osm/osmchecks/09_osb_phaseout/
> > [5]https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OpenStreetBugs/Phase_Out




_______________________________________________
talk mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/talk