OpenStreetMap Carto release v2.43.0

Paul Norman
Dear all,

Today, v2.43.0 of the openstreetmap-carto stylesheet (the default
stylesheet on openstreetmap.org) has been released. It has not yet
been rolled out to the openstreetmap.org servers.

Changes include

- Adjust alotments pattern
- Whitespace cleanups of code
- Adjust colours of dog parks and construction sites
- Increase font size of addresses
- Fix combination of long names and oneway arrows

Thanks to all the contributors for this release, including Ircama and
measad, both new contributors.

For a full list of commits, see
https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/compare/v2.42.0...v2.43.0

As always, we welcome any bug reports at
https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/issues.

Re: OpenStreetMap Carto release v2.43.0

Tom Hughes-3
On 06/09/16 01:33, Paul Norman wrote:

> Today, v2.43.0 of the openstreetmap-carto stylesheet (the default
> stylesheet on openstreetmap.org) has been released. It has not yet
> been rolled out to the openstreetmap.org servers.

I'll just add to this to say that on this occasion there will probably
be a short delay as we are in the middle of working through a cycle of
software updates on the tile servers.

This release will likely be deployed next weekend once the third tile
server has been upgraded.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes ([hidden email])
http://compton.nu/

Re: OpenStreetMap Carto release v2.43.0

Daniel Koć
W dniu 06.09.2016 10:10, Tom Hughes napisał(a):

> This release will likely be deployed next weekend once the third tile
> server has been upgraded.

Will this upgrade bring any interesting features and optimizations or
it's just a typical system/security upgrade?

--
"To co ludzie zwą marskością wątroby/ Tak naprawdę jest śmiercią z
tęsknoty" [Afro Kolektyw]

On 06/09/16 12:20, Daniel Koć wrote:

> W dniu 06.09.2016 10:10, Tom Hughes napisał(a):
>
>> This release will likely be deployed next weekend once the third tile
>> server has been upgraded.
>
> Will this upgrade bring any interesting features and optimizations or
> it's just a typical system/security upgrade?

Well it brings the tile servers to mapnik 3 which may have a few
immediate effects like improved rendering of asian scripts but which
mostly allows future stylesheet updates to use mapnik 3 features.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes ([hidden email])
http://compton.nu/

W dniu 06.09.2016 13:52, Tom Hughes napisał(a):

> Well it brings the tile servers to mapnik 3 which may have a few
> immediate effects like improved rendering of asian scripts but which
> mostly allows future stylesheet updates to use mapnik 3 features.

That's great! This should be an improvement in itself, but also a base
for other changes in osm-carto:

https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/milestone/4