OpenStreetMap Special Interest Group Charter

OpenStreetMap Special Interest Group Charter

Edoardo Neerhut-2
Hi everyone,

I wanted to put out a reminder that there is a meeting tomorrow at 12:00 pm UTC +11 to discuss a charter for an OpenStreetMap Special Interest Group (OSM SIG). You should be able to see the meeting details on our open calendar here. We have previously been referring to this as a working group, but note that it is the same thing.

The OSM SIG aims to support OSM efforts throughout Oceania and make use of OSGeo Oceania's funding and structure when it makes sense to do so. We've made a first attempt at a charter which will clarify some of these goals. There have been some really good suggestions so far which I hope to discuss more tomorrow, but feel free to jump into the document and make comments or suggestions.

The agenda for tomorrow is pretty simple and just involves a review of the charter. You're welcome to add any OSM issues you would like to discuss as they relate to the OSM SIG. It's also worth checking out the QGIS charter which is a bit further along. It may provide inspiration.

Hope to see some of you there,

Ed

Re: OpenStreetMap Special Interest Group Charter

Edoardo Neerhut-2
Hi again,

We met today and made good progress on the charter.
I have summarised what we discussed in the agenda.

Key things to note:
  1. We're aiming to have a final version of the charter by January 31st, so please review and make suggestions before then.
  2. Participation in the SIG is open to all. You can join meetings/give feedback whenever you like.
  3. A steering committee is needed to ensure the SIG reports to OSGeo Oceania and the rest of the community. This is also necessary when it comes to financial decisions. Please note your name down on the agenda if you'd like to be on the committee.
  4. The committee will need a chair. Again, put your hand up if you'd like to play this role.
Thanks to everyone who came today and the many providing feedback in the document. It's a huge help.

Ed