Osmose, duplicate housenumber

Łukasz Stelmach
Hi,

Can you explain why Osmose (and does it matter at all) warns about
duplicate housnumber when a shop (node) with a set of addr:* tags is
created inside a building (area) that is also tagged with addr:*?

http://osmose.openstreetmap.fr/en/map/#zoom=17&lat=52.2019584&lon=21.0101640&item=2060&level=3
--
Miłego dnia,
Łukasz Stelmach

Re: Osmose, duplicate housenumber

althio

Łukasz Stelmach

Can you explain why Osmose (and does it matter at all) warns about
duplicate housnumber when a shop (node) with a set of addr:* tags is
created inside a building (area) that is also tagged with addr:*?

Osmose seems to follow the rule: One feature, one OSM element (or one feature, one tag) and avoids duplicating data.

The rationale is certainly close to:

where you can use:
 - addr:* tags for buildings or nodes on the street
 - contact:* tags for contact information about a POI

Best,

-- althio

Re: Osmose, duplicate housenumber

Jérôme Seigneuret

Because there is 2 notions: building address and contact address.

In fact if you have create an addr:housenumber, all contacts addresses need use contact:housenumber.

That is the same to all duplicate addr:* value if there exists on a contact POI.

There is one POI (an unique) with addr:* (this addr poi can be locate on same node as entrance or on building. It depends on choice of schema ) and one or more POI with contact:* . In this case * can be same key=value as addr:* values

old values
<tag k="addr:city" v="Warszawa"/>
<tag k="addr:housenumber" v="129"/>
<tag k="addr:street" v="Aleja Niepodległości"/>

must be replace by:
<tag k="contact:city" v="Warszawa"/>
<tag k="contact:housenumber" v="129"/>
<tag k="contact:street" v="Aleja Niepodległości"/>

Because building is already tagged
addr:city=Warszawa
addr:housenumber=129
addr:street=Aleja Niepodległości

Best,
Jérôme

althio <[hidden email]> writes:

> Łukasz Stelmach
>>
>> Can you explain why Osmose (and does it matter at all) warns about
>> duplicate housnumber when a shop (node) with a set of addr:* tags is
>> created inside a building (area) that is also tagged with addr:*?
>
> Osmose seems to follow the rule: One feature, one OSM element (or one
> feature, one tag) and avoids duplicating data.
>
> The rationale is certainly close to:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/House_numbers/Bremen_Schema

This makes sens.

> where you can use:
>  - addr:* tags for buildings or nodes on the street
>  - contact:* tags for contact information about a POI

I will. Thanks.

--
Miłego dnia,
Łukasz Stelmach

Re: Osmose, duplicate housenumber

Imre Samu
>Osmose seems to follow the rule: One feature, one OSM element (or one feature, one tag) and avoids duplicating data.

imho=yes

#1.
in Hungary - we don't have housenumber imports  ..  so all housenumber collected by mappers.   And sometimes exist in the building - and most of the times not.
And it is very hard to communicate that some shops allowed the  "addr:housenumber"  - and others not.

imho :
- this rule  is not beginner friendly.

#2.
As I know, the iD Editor is not following this rule ..
And the "contact:housenumber"  is not used by projects ( = editors )
http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/contact%3Ahousenumber#projects

Probably we need to add the  "addr:housenumber"  to the exception list [1]
because  this "practice is firmly established and unlikely to change. "

Imre

Łukasz Stelmach

Il giorno 01 giu 2016, alle ore 10:16, althio <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

Can you explain why Osmose (and does it matter at all) warns about
duplicate housnumber when a shop (node) with a set of addr:* tags is
created inside a building (area) that is also tagged with addr:*?

Osmose seems to follow the rule: One feature, one OSM element (or one feature, one tag) and avoids duplicating data.

this "rule" is mostly moot, as it is not clear what a "feature" is (e.g. as opposed to a property). Also: "one tag" are often more than one tags (on the same object)

cheers,

Re: Osmose, duplicate housenumber

> Il giorno 01 giu 2016, alle ore 11:04, Jérôme Seigneuret <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
>
> There is one POI (an unique) with addr:* (this addr poi can be locate on same node as entrance or on building. It depends on choice of schema ) and one or more POI with contact:* . In this case * can be same key=value as addr:* values

a node is a good representation for a spot, but not for a clearly defined area. If the housenumber is valid for an area it should be better put on this area, and in theory you would only have to put housenumber tags on those objects inside this area, that have different values (if any, it's a very rare case) - in theory because in a project like osm it can help debugging and quality to have the address repeated on a poi (especially if these objects are mapped as nodes, whose position is often less obviously off than that of areas. Areas can usually/often be associated to features you see in aerial imagery, while this is less true for nodes).

I'm not in favor of using different tags here (contact vs. addr), a housenumber is a housenumber, and it is never an object of its own (in the real world), it's always a property of something (a site, a house, an apartment, etc.), even if in osm this is less clear because most housenumbers are currently tagged on nodes with only addressing information, and because routing programs treat addresses often as POIs.

cheers,