Overpass API turned off due to Upload Filter thread

Overpass API turned off due to Upload Filter thread

Roland Olbricht
Hello everybody,

on 26th March the European parliament will vote on the Directive on
Copyright in the Digital Single Market. This directive would as a side
effect threaten the OpenStreetMap project with substantial legal and
technical burdens, see
https://www.openstreetmap.de/uf/en.html

To inform all users both about the problem and possibilities to protest
against that proposed bill, the Overpass API shows only an informative
result today. This will last until about 20:00 UTC.

If you need the usual functionality then please change temporarily to
the base URL
https://overpass-api.de/no_art11art13/
This URL remains available until the Overpass API returns to normal
operations. If you use Overpass Turbo then please change it in "Settings
 > General".

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. This shall defeat much greater
inconvenience stemming from the fallout of the proposed bill.

Best regards,

Roland

Re: Overpass API turned off due to Upload Filter thread

sdoerr
On 21/03/2019 05:21, Roland Olbricht wrote:
> the Overpass API shows only an informative
> result today. This will last until about 20:00 UTC.

Could this be affecting nrenner.github.io/achavi, does anybody know?

--
Steve

---

Re: Overpass API turned off due to Upload Filter thread

François Lacombe-2
Hi Steve,

Le jeu. 21 mars 2019 à 16:46, Steve Doerr <[hidden email]> a écrit :
On 21/03/2019 05:21, Roland Olbricht wrote:
> the Overpass API shows only an informative
> result today. This will last until about 20:00 UTC.

Could this be affecting nrenner.github.io/achavi, does anybody know?

Yes it does
I currently get <tag k="name" v="Turned off to make you aware of the Directive on Copyright in the Digital Single Market protests until about 20:00 UTC"/> as answer.

All the best

François

Re: Overpass API turned off due to Upload Filter thread

ikonor
Yes, achavi fails with an error because the result is not in the
expected Augmented Diff format.

Norbert

Re: Overpass API turned off due to Upload Filter thread

Roland Olbricht
Hello everybody,

Overpass API is now back to normal operations. Thank you for your
understanding.

To ensure that OpenStreetMap will have a place in the future, it still
makes sense to phone (yes, phone) your member of the EP. Platforms that
assist on that are:
https://pledge2019.eu/en
https://saveyourinternet.eu/act/

If you need information on the background, I still suggest