Perth Canning Rv wetland Relation: 8337801

Perth Canning Rv wetland Relation: 8337801

Ian Steer
To: talk-au <[hidden email]>
Subject: [talk-au] Perth Canning Rv wetland Relation: 8337801
>Hi,
>I have repaired Relation: 8337801  - wetland marsh that had been altered by an Apple person.
>It was identified by OSMinspector as a probable error (and boy was it).
>It is now closed and has no crossing members. So technically better. But I am far from local .. so it lacks verification.
>If someone knows the area they should be able to do better than my poor attempts based on rough satellite views.
>I also included more bits in the Relation: Canning River (8337802) - makes it easier on making the wetland relation.
>Thanks for any local help there.

I live reasonably close to that area, but verifying it is a bit arbitrary - where is the edge of a wetland?  as seen in summer? winter? etc.
Also, you can't go tramping around in a swamp to do a survey - it really has to be done from imagery.

I think your efforts will do just fine - thanks

Ian

Re: Perth Canning Rv wetland Relation: 8337801

Warin
On 05/06/18 14:59, Ian Steer wrote:

>> Date: Thu, 31 May 2018 10:15:02 +1000 From: Warin
>> <[hidden email]>
>>
> To: talk-au <[hidden email]> Subject: [talk-au] Perth
> Canning Rv wetland Relation: 8337801
>
>> Hi, I have repaired Relation: 8337801 - wetland marsh that had been
>> altered by an Apple person. It was identified by OSMinspector as a
>> probable error (and boy was it). It is now closed and has no crossing
>> members. So technically better. But I am far from local .. so it
>> lacks verification. If someone knows the area they should be able to
>> do better than my poor attempts based on rough satellite views. I
>> also included more bits in the Relation: Canning River (8337802) -
>> makes it easier on making the wetland relation. Thanks for any local
>> help there.
>>
> I live reasonably close to that area, but verifying it is a bit
> arbitrary - where is the edge of a wetland? as seen in summer? winter?
> etc. Also, you can't go tramping around in a swamp to do a survey - it
> really has to be done from imagery. I think your efforts will do just
> fine - thanks

Thanks Ian. You should have a look at the NSW LPI Base Map ... just have
done a wetland area from it ...

Way: 593948495
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/593948495#map=16/-28.8559/153.5664

Small mod so it does not cross  the river bank that was previously entered.

As it is there data that I'm reproducing I'm comfortable that the
boundaries accuracy can be blamed on someone other than me, but they
look ok to me.

Good luck finding something similar in WA ... it has a wealth of stuff
on it.

LPI means land and property information .. they keep the register of who
owns what and where boundaries are.

Should be something similar over there. Good Luck.