Please ban Xxzme in wiki

Re: Please ban Xxzme in wiki

Andy Mabbett
On 11 May 2015 at 15:13, Harry Wood <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have now written some justification for the ban, as I see it, on his talk page:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User_talk:Xxzme#Blocked_for_3_months

Thank you. I've replied there, since my reply is addressed as much to
Xxzme as you, and there's no certainly that he's yet aware of this
discussion. ~~~~

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing

Re: Please ban Xxzme in wiki

Pmailkeey .

On 11 May 2015 at 17:39, Andy Mabbett <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 11 May 2015 at 10:08, Richard Fairhurst <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Andy Mabbett wrote:
>> In the absence of blatant vandalism or base abuse, I would
>> have expected, first, a recent, clear and unequivocal warning on
>> the user's talk page
>
> No. Please remember that the primary means of discussion and consensus in
> OSM is mailing lists, even when the subject is the wiki, and even though the
> mailing lists suck. There is no precedent for obtaining consensus on
> community decisions via wiki talk pages.

In that case: At what point was Xxzme advised of this? Or indeed any
new user - I certainly never have been.

> Talk pages might be how it's done in Wikipedia, but we're not Wikipedia.

I don't recall saying that we were (indeed, in another recent
discussion, I pointed out that we are not).

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing

2. Do you know that they understand your complaints or is there a 'language barrier' involved.

--
Mike.
@millomweb - For all your info on Millom and South Copeland

currently unavailable due to ongoing harassment of me, my family, property & pets

Re: Please ban Xxzme in wiki

wilda69
This Andreas guy Xxzme  has taken it up to control OSM on his own. Amazing how he has hacked into the heart of OSM. Please, some investigate this guy!!!
12