Plugin installation

Adrien ANDRE
Hi all,

to install a plugin, is something else required than copying its jar
file into the plugins/ directory ?

I have retrieved a plugin which is supposed to run with uDig 1.1-RC12,
but the uDig version i have is 1.3.1.
The problem is that, after the copy, nothing new appears in the
"Window/Show View/Other/" menu.

Thanks in advance,

Adrien

Re: Plugin installation

Andrea Antonello
Hi Andrien,
I noticed that this problem happened in the latest uDig releases.
It is fixed already and the next release will have this solved.

We should be able to place a release to test online very soon.

In that version the best thing to add third party plugins is to place
them into the "dropins" folder.
That way eveything is kept nice and clean.

Best regards,
Andrea

> to install a plugin, is something else required than copying its jar
> file into the plugins/ directory ?
>

> I have retrieved a plugin which is supposed to run with uDig 1.1-RC12,
> but the uDig version i have is 1.3.1.
> The problem is that, after the copy, nothing new appears in the
> "Window/Show View/Other/" menu.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Adrien

Re: Plugin installation

fgdrf
You can find the original bug description and current status right
here : https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/UDIG-1895

2012/4/18 andrea antonello <[hidden email]>:

> Hi Andrien,
> I noticed that this problem happened in the latest uDig releases.
> It is fixed already and the next release will have this solved.
>
> We should be able to place a release to test online very soon.
>
> In that version the best thing to add third party plugins is to place
> them into the "dropins" folder.
> That way eveything is kept nice and clean.
>
> Best regards,
> Andrea
>
>> to install a plugin, is something else required than copying its jar
>> file into the plugins/ directory ?
>>

>> I have retrieved a plugin which is supposed to run with uDig 1.1-RC12,
>> but the uDig version i have is 1.3.1.
>> The problem is that, after the copy, nothing new appears in the
>> "Window/Show View/Other/" menu.
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> Adrien

Re: Plugin installation

glenoames
Do I put the folders in the dropins, or do I only put files into the dropins folder?  How do I install the plugins?  I'm trying to use axios spatials.