Possible non sense edits?

Xan-3
Hi,

Can anyone confirm that these
[http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/changeset/15602833],
[http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/changeset/15602674] are non sense
edits, with no tags. Can I revert these changes? I don't check *all* the
points, because it's a huge changeset.

Thanks in advance,
Xan.

Re: Possible non sense edits?

Gerhardus Geldenhuis
Hi
It looks rubbish to me. I would suggest also contacting the individual to let him/her know that he/she is editing live data. It looks to be a random nodes all across the world.

Regards

On 4 April 2013 09:48, Xan <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Can anyone confirm that these [http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/changeset/15602833], [http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/changeset/15602674] are non sense edits, with no tags. Can I revert these changes? I don't check *all* the points, because it's a huge changeset.

Thanks in advance,
Xan.

Gerhardus Geldenhuis

Re: Possible non sense edits?

SomeoneElse
Xan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone confirm that these
> [http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/changeset/15602833],
> [http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/changeset/15602674] are non sense
> edits, with no tags. Can I revert these changes? I don't check *all*
> the points, because it's a huge changeset.

Yes - it's all rubbish.

It's actually not _that_ big a changeset in terms of contents (although
it covers a large area).  At the top of the browse page there's a link
to the "Osmchange XML" - click that and you can clearly see in the XML
that it's just a series of nodes and none of them have any tags.

It's probably worth having a chat with the author of the changeset
asking them what they're trying to do and mentioning that it's a live
database that they are updating :) .  If they're testing some software
they'd be far better off pointing at the "dev" API (and if they want
some assistance doing that, point them in my direction - I don't mind
helping).

Cheers,
Andy

Re: Possible non sense edits?

Clifford Snow

On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 1:48 AM, Xan <[hidden email]> wrote:
Can anyone confirm that these [http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/changeset/15602833], [http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/changeset/15602674] are non sense edits, with no tags. Can I revert these changes? I don't check *all* the points, because it's a huge changeset.

It looks like a python script gone wrong. Please make sure you contact TheoF1 with the problem. If TheoF1 has a problem reverting his changes then contact the DWG.

--
Clifford

OpenStreetMap: Maps with a human touch

Re: Possible non sense edits?

Richard Welty-2
On 4/4/13 10:36 AM, Clifford Snow wrote:
> It looks like a python script gone wrong. Please make sure you contact
> TheoF1 with the problem. If TheoF1 has a problem reverting his changes
> then contact the DWG.
the changeset comment "First Test" is quite telling. Someone needs to
have a chat with
TheoF1 about proper quality assurance practices.

richard

Re: Possible non sense edits?

Gerhardus Geldenhuis
I had a "chat" with TheoF1:

Hi TheoF1

You have created a bit of a storm with your first test commit on the osm-newbies mailing list.Essentially your first commit appears to be non-sensical data.This is a friendly reminder that when you are editing OSM you are editing live data that is immediately visible to everyone in the world. This should not discourage you from committing but some caution should be applied when committing data. I don't mind reviewing your first couple of commits if you want. There is also the ability to commit an actual test site if you preferred to do that.

Best Regards

On 4 April 2013 15:42, Richard Welty <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 4/4/13 10:36 AM, Clifford Snow wrote:
It looks like a python script gone wrong. Please make sure you contact TheoF1 with the problem. If TheoF1 has a problem reverting his changes then contact the DWG.
the changeset comment "First Test" is quite telling. Someone needs to have a chat with
TheoF1 about proper quality assurance practices.

richard

Gerhardus Geldenhuis

Re: Possible non sense edits?

Xan-3
Al 04/04/13 17:09, En/na Gerhardus Geldenhuis ha escrit:

> I had a "chat" with TheoF1:
>
> Hi TheoF1
>
> You have created a bit of a storm with your first test commit on the
> osm-newbies mailing list.Essentially your first commit appears to be
> non-sensical data.This is a friendly reminder that when you are
> editing OSM you are editing live data that is immediately visible to
> everyone in the world. This should not discourage you from committing
> but some caution should be applied when committing data. I don't mind
> reviewing your first couple of commits if you want. There is also the
> ability to commit an actual test site if you preferred to do that.
>
> Best Regards

Thanks, Gerhardus, for contact him. And thanks everybody for suggestions.
Can Gerhardus share his/her answer?

It's pending to reverting changes, isn't?

Thanks,
Xan.