Possible removal of FHRS tags

Andrew Hain
Are the keys fhrs:rating (3358 occurences in Taginfo), fhrs:inspectiondate (1748), fhrs:confidence_management, fhrs:hygiene, fhrs:structural (621 each) and fhrs:rating_date (22) better off removed from our database, or should they be kept for businesses that disappear from FHRS listings when still open?

What about fhrs:local_authority_id (11724)?

Is fhrs:authority (12981) useful for businesses on borders? [https://www.openstreetmap.org/note/807942]

Should any that are not kept be removed in bulk or added th discarded lists in editors?

--
Andrew

Re: Possible removal of FHRS tags

sk53.osm
I see little value for all of these except fhrs:rating_date which is scarcely used. The local authority to which a rating belongs can be directly determined from OSM most of the time, but may be useful in Northern Ireland where we have no good usable data on LA boundaries.

I would rather that if they are to be removed it is when data is updated (i.e. by the editor discard list).

I do have a collection of extracts of FHRS data going back to 2013, but have not been updating these regularly for some time. They are useful for providing address details & sometimes as a cross check that a place has genuinely gone out of business (e.g., a note to the effect that a pub has closed).

Jerry

On Wed, 14 Aug 2019 at 15:19, Andrew Hain <[hidden email]> wrote:
Are the keys fhrs:rating (3358 occurences in Taginfo), fhrs:inspectiondate (1748), fhrs:confidence_management, fhrs:hygiene, fhrs:structural (621 each) and fhrs:rating_date (22) better off removed from our database, or should they be kept for businesses that disappear from FHRS listings when still open?

What about fhrs:local_authority_id (11724)?

Is fhrs:authority (12981) useful for businesses on borders? [https://www.openstreetmap.org/note/807942]

Should any that are not kept be removed in bulk or added th discarded lists in editors?

--
Andrew

Re: Possible removal of FHRS tags

talk-gb

There were a few mechanical edits removing tags about 7 or 8 months ago that caused some discussion and reverts https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/65131453

Personally I tend to enter the following when adding FHRS data in addition to any name and address fields that are missing:

·         FHRSID → fhrs:id=*

·         LocalAuthorityBusinessID → fhrs:local_authority_id=*

·         LocalAuthorityName → fhrs:authority=*

Regards

Richard

Re: Possible removal of FHRS tags

Robert Skedgell
This is a very late reply, but there are other cases where
fhrs:authority is useful, particularly for premises where the City of
London Corporation is the local authority. It's probably not a useful
tag within the City of London itself, but is for Port of London areas
like the Royal Docks (actually in LB Newham) and Tilbury.