[Potlatch-dev] Potlatch 3 wish list

newnumber2
I have been meaning to do this for a long time. Finally...

And if I need to do this differently please let me know what I need to do. Thanks

This is not a complete list but it is a good start.

Part 1: Things to Fix

Incorrect tag:
amenity = swimming_pool
Should be:
leisure = swimming_pool

Rendering of tiles should be updated to reflect the changes to the default Mapnik rendering of OSM. For example when editing in Potlatch motorways should no longer be blue and primary roads should no longer be red...etc.

Missing Presets (drag & drop icons):
amenity = fast_food (previously existed but disappeared?)
shop = variety
shop = furniture
...and several other shops

Part 2: Would be nice to have

• Validation on upload
• Copy and paste (including multiple selections); Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V
• Rotate (I often switch to the ID editor in order to do this to buildings after copying and pasting)
• Mirror

I do 95% of my edits in Potlatch. I still prefer it to the ID editor even with all the improvements that have been made since it was introduced; however Potlatch could really use a major upgrade to Version 3.0!

David J Wisbey
Your Village Maps
[hidden email]

Sent from my iPhone

Re: [Potlatch-dev] Potlatch 3 wish list

sdoerr
On 25/03/2017 01:38, David Wisbey wrote:

> Missing Presets (drag & drop icons):
> amenity = fast_food (previously existed but disappeared?)

That's under Food and Drink.

--
Steve

---

Re: [Potlatch-dev] Potlatch 3 wish list

Richard Fairhurst
On 25/03/2017 01:38, David Wisbey wrote:
> I have been meaning to do this for a long time. Finally...
>
> And if I need to do this differently please let me know what I need to do. Thanks

Some good ideas - thanks!

Probably the best place to put them is
http://github.com/systemed/potlatch2/issues (you'll need a Github
login); I'm likely to forget them otherwise.

New features like copy/paste, rotate and mirror are things I'd quite
like to do in the proverbial spare minute. An upload validator is a
bigger task and not one I've ever been 100% convinced is the right way
to do it - better to spot issues as the mapper works, rather than on upload.

For new/changed presets, a pull request to the XML files is always nice
- I can't honestly keep up with all the tagging stuff myself in the time
I have for P2. (But I've just committed the swimming pool change so
that'll be in the next release.)

cheers
Richard

Re: [Potlatch-dev] Potlatch 3 wish list

sdoerr
Have you clicked Show All next to Food and Drink? It's on the third line.

Steve

On 25/03/2017 20:37, David Wisbey wrote:

> No it's not. You have to first define a point or a building; there was an icon you could drag and drop but I have not seen it in quite some time, which made me wonder if the tag was deprecated ("restaurant" instead) but that didn't appear to be the case.
>

> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Mar 25, 2017, at 1:45 AM, Steve Doerr <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> On 25/03/2017 01:38, David Wisbey wrote:
>>>
>>> Missing Presets (drag & drop icons):
>>> amenity = fast_food (previously existed but disappeared?)
>> That's under Food and Drink.
>>
>> --
>> Steve
>>
>> ---