Presentation_Mapanauta_OpenStreetMapMX

Mapa Nauta
Hi to all

My name is Miriam Gonzalez (@Mapanauta) I am based in Mexico and I am part of the Mexican community organizing the promotion of the OpenStreetMap project and coordinating mapping parties and mapping workshops. I am planning to get more involved in the HOT project and also being able to get a group of mappers in Mexico ready when it is needed.

I would like to know if there are any material that you can recommend (websites, videos or anything that could help) to help enhance the knowledge and Hot participation in Mexico. The materials could be in English, Spanish or French.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Re: Presentation_Mapanauta_OpenStreetMapMX

Russell Deffner-3

Hi Miriam,

We are actually working on a ‘training center’ and hope to have the courses available for beta testing the week of August 24, until then you may be interested in taking the miscellaneous course “HOT 101: The Missing Manual” visit http://moodle.dev.hotosm.org/

There are also materials regarding mapping coordination available on LearnOSM; check out the coordination section: http://learnosm.org/en/coordination/

Happy Mapping,

=Russ

Russell Deffner

[hidden email]

Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team (HOT)

http://hotosm.org

My name is Miriam Gonzalez (@Mapanauta) I am based in Mexico and I am part of the Mexican community organizing the promotion of the OpenStreetMap project and coordinating mapping parties and mapping workshops. I am planning to get more involved in the HOT project and also being able to get a group of mappers in Mexico ready when it is needed.

I would like to know if there are any material that you can recommend (websites, videos or anything that could help) to help enhance the knowledge and Hot participation in Mexico. The materials could be in English, Spanish or French.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Re: Presentation_Mapanauta_OpenStreetMapMX

Pat Tressel
There is also a Spanish translation of LearnOSM:

http://learnosm.org/es/

Re: Presentation_Mapanauta_OpenStreetMapMX

Tom Taylor-2
I don't think I saw a reply to this.

LearnOSM <learnosm.org> is our intended primary teaching resource. We
are in the process of improving it and making sure it is all up to date.

Tom Taylor

On 14/08/2015 11:51 PM, Mapa Nauta wrote:

> Hi to all
>
> My name is Miriam Gonzalez (@Mapanauta) I am based in Mexico and I am
> part of the Mexican community organizing the promotion of the
> OpenStreetMap project and coordinating mapping parties and mapping
> workshops. I am planning to get more involved in the HOT project and
> also being able to get a group of mappers in Mexico ready when it is
> needed.
>
> I would like to know if there are any material that you can recommend
> (websites, videos or anything that could help) to help enhance the
> knowledge and Hot participation in Mexico. The materials could be in
> English, Spanish or French.
>
> Thanks in advance for your support.

Re: Presentation_Mapanauta_OpenStreetMapMX

hyances@gmail.com
Hola Miriam!

¿Cómo estás? Para los deslizamientos en Salgar preparamos vídeos como material de entrenamiento publicados dentro de los proyectos del Tasking Manager, tal vez ayuden:

Quizás puedan articularse con Rodolfo Wilhelmy, me parece que tiene el mismo propósito de entrenar maperos para futuras activaciones.

Saludos,

Humberto Yances