Presenting MapComplete - a new easy-to-use editor

Presenting MapComplete - a new easy-to-use editor

Pieter Vander Vennet

Hey everyone,

I would like to present to you my newly built editor MapComplete.

MapComplete started out as a tool to be simple to use for one specific topic, namely nature. Users could select a piece of forest, nature reserve or park and answer questions about it; or they could add one of those themselves.

I set it up from the start to support multiple themes (a bit like MapContrib), and there are already quite a few themes available now (namely aeds, bicycle POI, ghost bikes, toilets, artwork, and a few more).
But OSM wouldn't be OSM if that would have been enough. By now, there is a page available where one can create their own theme. If you have over 500 changesets, you can create a theme from scratch which can be shared via URL. The customgenerator is still very unpolished but should be usable.

Development happens on github. If you notice an issue or have an idea, make sure to open an issue. There are still a ton of bugs out there, and help on translations and more themes is definitively welcome!

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,
Pieter Vander Vennet

pietervdvn.vcf (213 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Presenting MapComplete - a new easy-to-use editor

Shawn K. Quinn
On 8/26/20 13:52, Pieter Vander Vennet wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> I would like to present to you my newly built editor *MapComplete.

There is already an editor called StreetComplete, and the potential for
confusion concerns me.

--
Shawn K. Quinn <[hidden email]>
http://www.rantroulette.com