Presets

Dirk Stöcker
Hello,

attached a bit updated version of the I18n presets patch:

a) still only the gettext-plugin variant. The XML key-based not yet, as I
    do not know how to do that.
    I can do, when someone gives me hints on the way how to archive that.
b) Fixed presets:
    - moved ':' into the program makes file cleaner and translation easier
    - also unifies the display (check e.g. was sometimes with, sometimes
      without ':')
c) fix key bakery (bug #769)
d) add 2 access keys (bug #540)

Are there opinions against applying this patch even if the XML-variant is
not yet ready? From my point of view these two do not conflict and as
already said I would not make XML keys the only method (wastes lots of
space and makes maintaining very hard).

Ciao
--
http://www.dstoecker.eu/ (PGP key available)

Re: Presets

Frederik Ramm
Hi,

> attached a bit updated version of the I18n presets patch:

Attached where?

Bye
Frederik

Re: Presets

Dirk Stöcker
On Mon, 30 Jun 2008, Frederik Ramm wrote:

>> attached a bit updated version of the I18n presets patch:
>
> Attached where?

All missing patches in one:

http://www.dstoecker.eu/josm.tbz2

Ciao
--
http://www.dstoecker.eu/ (PGP key available)

Re: Presets

Dirk Stöcker
On Mon, 30 Jun 2008, Frederik Ramm wrote:

>> attached a bit updated version of the I18n presets patch:
>
> Attached where?

BTW: I found out how to handle the XML i18n stuff. Please do not yet apply
this patch, it will conflict (a bit) with the stuff I currently make.

The other patches can be applied thought :-)

Ciao

On Tue, 1 Jul 2008, Dirk Stöcker wrote:

> On Mon, 30 Jun 2008, Frederik Ramm wrote:
>
>>> attached a bit updated version of the I18n presets patch:
>>
>> Attached where?
>
> BTW: I found out how to handle the XML i18n stuff. Please do not yet apply
> this patch, it will conflict (a bit) with the stuff I currently make.
>
> The other patches can be applied thought :-)
Ok. Finished that as well.

http://www.dstoecker.eu/josm_pr.tbz2

- includes support of XML-based translation as well.
- "name" gets e.g. "de:name" as translated key.
   I use the same ("En:") as the MOTD code, but convert it to lower case.
   Later on the source for this string may change to locale or whatever. For now
   I think it is good enough, especially, as the result equals ISO-language code.
- combo-box uses de:display_values". "de:values" is not supported.
- One restriction for <item> --> the i18n variant must currently be behind
   the non-translated variant, or it will be overwritten. I did not
   implement a special handling for the reversed input.
   This does not affect all the other elements, as these are handled using
   variables and not the setName() and setIcon() function calls.

As I changed the XML parser, please verify that I did not break anything.
It lookjs fine, but who knows.

Ciao
--
http://www.dstoecker.eu/ (PGP key available)

Re: Presets

Christoph Eckert

thanks for the efforts:

> c) fix key bakery (bug #769)

I did this intentional, following some discussion ages before. It led to
non-native-speakers using the value butchery. This term is not known to
native speakers at all.

Thus the idea was to use
baker, butcher, chemist
instead of
bakery, butchery, chemistry
or
bakers, butchers, chemisters(?!?)

Especially for baker, I find at least 4 variations:

shop=baker
shop=bakers
shop=bakery
amenity=bakery

Bakery seems to be used most, though.

Best,

ce

Re: Presets

Frederik Ramm

> All missing patches in one:

All applied in r674. Please tell me which user name you would like
and I'll create an JOSM SVN account for you so that I don't have to
apply all your patches ;-)

Bye
Frederik

Re: Presets

Dirk Stöcker
On Tue, 1 Jul 2008, Christoph Eckert wrote:

>> c) fix key bakery (bug #769)
>
> I did this intentional, following some discussion ages before. It led to
> non-native-speakers using the value butchery. This term is not known to
> native speakers at all.

Now it is official, so a correction was necessary.

BTW, everbody speaking at least a bit english should know, that english is
not logical and getting from baker - bakery to butcher - butchery is
nonsense :-) Hopefully the preset translation efforts will help a bit.

BTW: Can somebody tell me (or update the wiki) to explain what

access=destination and
access=designated mean.

Also what is
surface=copperstone
surface=ground

I can think what it may be, but for translations I need to know it 100% or
the translation does not fit.

> Thus the idea was to use
> baker, butcher, chemist
> instead of
> bakery, butchery, chemistry
> or
> bakers, butchers, chemisters(?!?)
>
> Especially for baker, I find at least 4 variations:
>
> shop=baker
> shop=bakers
> shop=bakery
> amenity=bakery
>
> Bakery seems to be used most, though.

Seems to be a topic for the validator I think.

Ciao
--
http://www.dstoecker.eu/ (PGP key available)

Re: Presets

Dieter Jasper

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Key:access
> Ciao

Re: Presets

Dirk Stöcker
On Thu, 3 Jul 2008, dieter jasper wrote:

> Dirk Stöcker schrieb:
>> nonsense :-) Hopefully the preset translation efforts will help a bit.
>>
>> BTW: Can somebody tell me (or update the wiki) to explain what
>>
>> access=destination and
>> access=designated mean.
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Key:access

Wow. Hard to translate this with one word. Anyway managed to do
translation nevertheless.

Anothe one:

surface=copperstone

Shouldn't that be "cobblestone"?  Neither dict.leo.org, nor google nor my
Oxford dictionary knows what copperstone should be.

Ciao
--
http://www.dstoecker.eu/ (PGP key available)

Re: Presets

Bodo Meissner

Re: Presets

ewmjc
At 03:27 PM 7/3/2008, Dirk Stöcker wrote:

>On Thu, 3 Jul 2008, dieter jasper wrote:
>
>>Dirk Stöcker schrieb:
>>>nonsense :-) Hopefully the preset translation efforts will help a bit.
>>>
>>>BTW: Can somebody tell me (or update the wiki) to explain what
>>>
>>>access=destination and
>>>access=designated mean.
>>
>>http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Key:access
>
>Wow. Hard to translate this with one word.
>Anyway managed to do translation nevertheless.
>
>Anothe one:
>
>surface=copperstone
>
>Shouldn't that be "cobblestone"?  Neither
>dict.leo.org, nor google nor my Oxford
>dictionary knows what copperstone should be.

That would be my guess to.  I've certainly never
heard of it as a geologist or native english speaker.

Mike

Re: Presets

ewmjc
At 04:43 PM 7/3/2008, Michael Collinson wrote:
> >Shouldn't that be "cobblestone"?  Neither
> >dict.leo.org, nor google nor my Oxford
> >dictionary knows what copperstone should be.
>
>That would be my guess to.  I've certainly never
>heard of it as a geologist or native english speaker.
>
>Mike

Even if my grammar and spelling is appalling.  "My guess too."

Mike

Re: Presets

Christoph Eckert

> surface=copperstone

the author was drunken. Changed to cobblestone in the presets. See rev. 676.

> surface=ground

An unofficial value for ways simply consisting of compacted earth, as often
found on tracks but even residential roads.

Best regards,

ce

Re: Presets

Dermot McNally
2008/7/3 Dirk Stöcker <[hidden email]>:

>>> access=destination and

> Wow. Hard to translate this with one word. Anyway managed to do translation
> nevertheless.

Isn't this the same as "Anlieger Frei"? In fact, it's a concept I've
only ever seen applied in Germany.

Dermot

Re: Presets

mariner-2
Dermot McNally wrote:

>> Wow. Hard to translate this with one word. Anyway managed to do translation
>> nevertheless.
>>

> Isn't this the same as "Anlieger Frei"? In fact, it's a concept I've
> only ever seen applied in Germany.
>
> Dermot

in Switzerland we also have a lot of such signs, where  you are only
allowed to drive truth , if you have to go to a destination on this
street. we call that "Zubringerdienst".
And this "Zubringerdienst" is explicit written in words as allowed under
der access symbol.

so i would transalte destination as zubringerdienst.

cheers mariner

Re: Presets

Dirk Stöcker
On Wed, 2 Jul 2008, Frederik Ramm wrote:

>> All missing patches in one:
>
> All applied in r674. Please tell me which user name you would like
> and I'll create an JOSM SVN account for you so that I don't have to
> apply all your patches ;-)

Did you get my answer to this I send you directly by mail?

I sent you some mails months ago and also never got an answer.

One of the request was following: On your webpage you tell, that soon you
want to offer the sourcecode of your OSM robot in SVN. Well I would like
to use it as base for some own developments, so I do not need to start
from scratch.

Ciao
--
http://www.dstoecker.eu/ (PGP key available)