Problem printing a page

Bis Nulama

Hello

I am using udig 1.2.2 and I am nota able to print (with the create page to be printed function)
I am trying to print a page with a tiff image as a background and some vector layers on it.
I cannot visualize the raster image in the "layout" page

When I Try to print I see the raster image, but it has a terrible quality (I print with the PDF printer)
Can you help me?

laura

Re: Problem printing a page

Pat Pelletier
I have a very similar problem.  I have a series of points (from a shapefile) overlaid on a tiff image.  When I try to print the map, I only get the points.  They are the top layer.  If I turn this layer off, the base tiff layer shows up.  It is as if the points layer is completely covering anything below it - as if the space in between all the points is not transparent.

I am also using 1.2.2 and I am new to the product.  Any suggestions?

Thank you
Pat

Re: Problem printing a page

Mauricio Pazos-2
Hello, it looks like you have found a bug. So, I suggest you to create an
issue in

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/UDIG/fixforversion/17102#atl_token=ACIO-CAVI-
QX7G-9IAS%7C5d2a088f2f9b74c2db95c58bea61c15eaa94a073%7Clout&selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project%3Aversion-
summary-panel

Thus we could schedule it in the next development sprint.

cheers

On Wednesday, September 28, 2011 02:55:22 AM Pat Pelletier wrote:

> I have a very similar problem.  I have a series of points (from a
> shapefile) overlaid on a tiff image.  When I try to print the map, I only
> get the points.  They are the top layer.  If I turn this layer off, the
> base tiff layer shows up.  It is as if the points layer is completely
> covering anything below it - as if the space in between all the points is
> not transparent.
>

> I am also using 1.2.2 and I am new to the product.  Any suggestions?
>
> Thank you
> Pat
>
> >________________________________

Mauricio Pazos

Re: Problem printing a page

fgdrf
Please have a look at the Nora issue for map export to images, the
problem you have sounds like mine:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/UDIG-1786
Properly its the same reason why it fails,could you please have a look
at the attached screenshots to confirm
Cheers,Frank

2011/9/28 Mauricio Pazos <[hidden email]>:

> Hello, it looks like you have found a bug. So, I suggest you to create an
> issue in
>
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/UDIG/fixforversion/17102#atl_token=ACIO-CAVI-
> QX7G-9IAS%7C5d2a088f2f9b74c2db95c58bea61c15eaa94a073%7Clout&selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project%3Aversion-
> summary-panel
>
> Thus we could schedule it in the next development sprint.
>
> cheers
>
> On Wednesday, September 28, 2011 02:55:22 AM Pat Pelletier wrote:
>> I have a very similar problem.  I have a series of points (from a
>> shapefile) overlaid on a tiff image.  When I try to print the map, I only
>> get the points.  They are the top layer.  If I turn this layer off, the
>> base tiff layer shows up.  It is as if the points layer is completely
>> covering anything below it - as if the space in between all the points is
>> not transparent.
>>

>> I am also using 1.2.2 and I am new to the product.  Any suggestions?
>>
>> Thank you
>> Pat

Re: Problem printing a page

Pat Pelletier
Thanks for the email Frank.  It does seem like the same problem.  In the JIRA ticket it mentions TopLevel Fill Opacity.  Is this a setting that can be changed in the map itself?

I also noticed that when I save to a PDF, it comes out as expected.  The problem seems to be in the map view in the application, and when using the Map to Image Export.

Thank you
Pat