Problem uploading GPX files?

Christian van den Bosch
Hi all,

Has anyone else seen an issue where an uploaded GPX file stays pending
for a while (an unusually short while I think), and then vanishes from
upload.html completely, with no sign of any breadcrumbs on the map?

As far as I can tell, the file I'm uploading is valid XML, and isn't
unreasonably large (~70Kbytes, 655 trackpoints).

I've made the file available at http://cjb.ie/20060113-13.gpx in case
looking at it can help anyone throw any light on this.

Cheers,

Christian / cjb

http://www.cjb.ie/

Re: Problem uploading GPX files?

Christian van den Bosch
Christian van den Bosch wrote:

 > Has anyone else seen an issue where an uploaded GPX file stays pending
 > for a while (an unusually short while I think), and then vanishes from
 > upload.html completely, with no sign of any breadcrumbs on the map?

Erm... please ignore the above!

When my upload notification arrived (after a much longer delay than
usual, but no matter) it became clear that I had been uploading
_nothing_ - I've now figured out this was because I'd pasted a relative
filename (gps/20060113-13.gpx) into the 'file:' field rather than an
absolute one (/home/cjb/gps/20060113-13.gpx), and it didn't bother to
tell me there was no file wherever it was looking (I haven't looked into
whether this is caused by the browser or the site).

On re-uploading with the absolute pathname given, all is well.

Apologies for wasting your time, all, and thanks to whoever took a look
at the file.

Christian / cjb

http://www.cjb.ie/