Problem with DBF when editing in Openoffice

Problem with DBF when editing in Openoffice

Jan Helebrant
Hi,
this is not problem only related with Kosmo, but I assume that someone here could help. Sometimes it is more comfortable to edit the DBF table from some shapefile dataset using some external program. For example, if I get new boreholes data in excel table (which I always convert to *.ODS) and need to add data to more columns in the attribute table. I was used to simply edit the DBF in Calc (only set the import filter to the same charset as the used in GIS) - while only edited or added data to existing columns (always kept the same type of data).

I do not know why, but currently I am unable to do it. My OOo 3.2 is able to edit and save the table, but the GIS (Kosmo or QGIS) does not load it correctly.

Does anybody have similar problem?

Regards

Jan

=?us-ascii?Q?kosmo=5Fedited=5Ffile=5Fproblem=2Epng?= (24K) Download Attachment
=?us-ascii?Q?kosmo=5Fold=5Ffile=5FOK=2Epng?= (132K) Download Attachment
=?us-ascii?Q?kosmo=5Fold=5Ffile=5FOK=5F02=2Epng?= (139K) Download Attachment
=?us-ascii?Q?qgis=5Fedited=5Ffile=5Fproblem=2Epng?= (73K) Download Attachment
=?us-ascii?Q?qgis=5Fold=5Ffile=5FOK=2Epng?= (81K) Download Attachment

Re: Problem with DBF when editing in Openoffice

Sergio Baños Calvo-2
Good morning Jan.

May be OOo is changing the DBF heading in some way. Could you send me an edited and non-edited example to my personal mail to make some proofs?

Regards,

_______________________________________________ Kosmo_int mailing list [hidden email] http://lists.saig.es/mailman/listinfo/kosmo_int