Problem with OSM HOT Tasks

Peter Chin
Hi folks,

I'm looking for some technical advice here. We were doing a Missing Maps mapping event here in Vancouver, Canada last week, and I noticed a strange behaviour when mapping in the iD editor. When I choose a square that has curved boundaries such as a boundary along a river, the OSM tasking manager square shows the warning inside the task area.  The "Do not edit outside of the coloured area" warning message should be displayed outside the task area.  Here is a screen capture of the problem: https://i.imgur.com/eEYl3sl.jpg

Also, here are some HOT task examples where the warning message is inside the task area, where it shouldn't be (choose Validate and then start iD editor to see these):
https://tasks.hotosm.org/project/4032?task=73
https://tasks.hotosm.org/project/4032?task=65

Does anyone know if I should submit this as an issue to the iD editor GitHub repository, or is this a bug in HOT Tasking Manager?  When I try these tasks in JOSM, JOSM is not showing the pink task boundaries.  Thanks.

Peter Chin
Volunteer
Disaster Management, Western Zone
Canadian Red Cross | Croix-Rouge canadienne

Re: Problem with OSM HOT Tasks

Phil Wyatt

I think its definitely a Tasking Manager issue. I would log an issue here

https://github.com/hotosm/tasking-manager/issues

I think by default that label appears at the centroid of the polygon as well as the nodes in the object (which is not too bad for squares). Maybe it just needs to be at the centroid

Cheers - Phil

Re: Problem with OSM HOT Tasks

Blake Girardot
Hi Peter, Hi Phil,

This is a Tasking Manager issue, and Ethan made a fix for it today, so
hopefully in the next two weeks it will be deployed to the production
server.

I apologize for the issue.

Respectfully,
blake