Problem with latest JOSM

Richard Moss
Hi

I've only been at this for three months, and I recently downloaded version 2561 of JOSM, updating the earlier current version.

Ever since the update, the scale of the main map display on screen is distorted, with distances in the vertical y-axis direction seeming to be about two-thirds (I'm guessing) of distances in the horizontal x-axis direction.  So the y-axis appears squashed relative to the x-axis.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling JOSM and Java, but that hasn't corrected the problem.

I also installed Java and JOSM 2561 onto another similar machine which didn't have it installed before, and the screen appears fine on that one.  Both are operating Windows XP Home.

The distorted version is not unusable, but it's a bit of a pain to look at.  Any suggestions how to correct the problem will be welcome!

Richard

Re: Problem with latest JOSM

Chris Hunter
Make sure you're using the WGS87 projection and restarting.

If that dosen't work,  delete your c:/documents and settings/[user]/application data/JOSM/ folder and restart JOSM.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

On 27/12/2009 22:26, Richard Moss wrote:

> Hi
>
> I've only been at this for three months, and I recently downloaded
> version 2561 of JOSM, updating the earlier current version.
>
> Ever since the update, the scale of the main map display on screen is
> distorted, with distances in the vertical y-axis direction seeming to be
> about two-thirds (I'm guessing) of distances in the horizontal x-axis
> direction. So the y-axis appears squashed relative to the x-axis.
>
> I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling JOSM and Java, but that
> hasn't corrected the problem.
>
> I also installed Java and JOSM 2561 onto another similar machine which
> didn't have it installed before, and the screen appears fine on that
> one. Both are operating Windows XP Home.
>
> The distorted version is not unusable, but it's a bit of a pain to look
> at. Any suggestions how to correct the problem will be welcome!

Check what map projection you are using: on Edit -> Preferences, then
map settings (third icon down).

If its set to WGS84 (which seems to be default in some versions of
JOSM), it will make the map look squashed out of shape.
Set it to Mercator instead, and the map should look correct.

Craig

Re: Problem with latest JOSM

Richard Moss
Thanks so much - you're absolutely right.  On the newly installed computer which is working properly, it's on Mercator, but on the machine where 2561 has overwritten the previous version, it has been set to WGS84.  I've now reset that to Mercator and it's working fine again.  Cheers

Richard

On Sun 27/12/09 22:42 , Craig Wallace [hidden email] sent: