Problemi con il Tasking Manager di HOT

mbranco
Certo che è una bella sfiga, che si scassi il TM proprio nella settimana GeoWeek!

> So what happened?
> During the scheduled maintenance to upgrade Tasking Manager instance, one of our automated scripts deleted our database. This is not unexpected. But the backup we made before deletion was deleted along with the database. In a nutshell, we lost the production database completely, including automated backups.

Domanda per gli informatici: film già visto, a leggere le righe sopra? :-(

Maggiori dettagli qui: http://gis.19327.n8.nabble.com/Tasking-manager-unstable-td5951569.html

Re: Problemi con il Tasking Manager di HOT

Italy General mailing list
Il 13/11/19 16:00, mbranco2 ha scritto:
> Certo che è una bella sfiga, che si scassi il TM proprio nella
> settimana GeoWeek!

Ora funziona!

Alessandro

Re: Problemi con il Tasking Manager di HOT

Marco Minghini
Pare che ora abbiano risolto il problema. Poco fa hanno mandato la e-mail che vedete qui sotto a tutti gli organizzatori di eventi nella GeoWeek.

Io al mio mapathon oggi sono 'rimasto a piedi' ma ho risolto utilizzando l'istanza a https://tasks.teachosm.org, che è del tutto indipendente dal TM di HOT e non ha problemi (ma naturalmente non ci sono gli stessi progetti).

Ciao,
Marco

_________________

Hello Mappers,

Happy GIS day! Unfortunately many of you have experienced some issues with HOT Tasking Manager during mapathons today. We want to apologize for this inconvenience, and to share some guidance on what to do if this happens during your mapathon.

HOT Tasking Manager is experiencing some issues - why?

HOT Tasking Manager is currently unstable due to a failed maintenance from last night. We don’t presently know when this problem will be fixed. The HOT tech team is working as fast as possible to fix the problem. To find out more about the status, please check:

  • Status.hotosm.org: this will tell you if the tool is down, not if it is experiencing delays (as it is presently)
  • follow @hotosm_tech on Twitter for updates
  • Join the HOT Slack (http://slack.hotosm.org/) and ask questions in the #tasking-manager channel

Contingency plans for your mapathon: what are your options if the HOT Tasking Manager is not working during your event?

  1. Map directly in OSM! Check out an area you know well and contribute your own knowledge. If you’d like to host a map-walk, please see this guide on maps.me.
  2. Host a Mapswipeathon. MapSwipe has several tasks up and running on the app. You can help swiping in Indonesia, Venezuela, Philippines and Colombia. Please note this is a mobile app only.
  3. There are alternative Tasking manager instances you can use like https://tm3.openstreetmap.id/ & tasks.teachosm.org. Please note that these will not have the same projects on them, so you’ll need to pick a new project.

Note: Mapswipe, and the alternative Tasking Managers, are completely separate systems that let you contribute to OSM, so they should not be affected by the outage of the main HOT Tasking Manager.

Thank you for your understanding, we appreciate your flexibility. We are working with the HOT Tech Team to get this fixed as soon as possible.  If you have any questions or need help course correcting please reach out.

Il giorno mer 13 nov 2019 alle ore 19:12 Alessandro P. via Talk-it <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
Il 13/11/19 16:00, mbranco2 ha scritto:
> Certo che è una bella sfiga, che si scassi il TM proprio nella
> settimana GeoWeek!

Ora funziona!

Alessandro

Re: Problemi con il Tasking Manager di HOT

mbranco
Speriamo abbiano perso solo le email dei nuovi iscritti degli ultimi 10 giorni (proprio ieri avevo fatto registrare gli studenti di una nuova classe dell'ITIS Avogadro...)

Il giorno mer 13 nov 2019 alle ore 19:12 Alessandro P. via Talk-it <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
Il 13/11/19 16:00, mbranco2 ha scritto:
> Certo che è una bella sfiga, che si scassi il TM proprio nella
> settimana GeoWeek!

Ora funziona!

Alessandro