Quantcast

Problm in launching JGrass

Ilaria Pretto
Dear all,
I have a problem while launching JGrass (from linux operative system).

The program seems to load correctly (the status bar of the workbench loads) but in the end nothing appear and the program doesn't start.

I tried to delete the folder 'Workspace' and also to add the string '-clean' to the 'jgrass.ini' file. I have also re-downloaded the latest version from the web site, unzipped it and launched, but nothing is solved after all this procedure and JGrass doesn't start.

Any suggestion will be very welcome.
Thank you

Ilaria

Re: Problm in launching JGrass

Andrea Antonello
Hi Ilaria,
could you launch it from console with:  -consoleLog -debug arguments
and send us the output?

Ciao
Andrea

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 10:41 AM, Ilaria Pretto <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear all,
> I have a problem while launching JGrass (from linux operative system).
>
> The program seems to load correctly (the status bar of the workbench loads)
> but in the end nothing appear and the program doesn't start.
>
> I tried to delete the folder 'Workspace' and also to add the string '-clean'
> to the 'jgrass.ini' file. I have also re-downloaded the latest version from
> the web site, unzipped it and launched, but nothing is solved after all this
> procedure and JGrass doesn't start.
>
> Any suggestion will be very welcome.
> Thank you
>
> Ilaria

Re: Problm in launching JGrass

Ilaria Pretto
Andrea thank you very much for your immediate response.
I thought it was some kind of conflict with some upload of my operative system. So in this past two hours I did the upgrade of Ubuntu version (now I am running 9.10) and without any change or debugging JGrass is working perfectly again.

Hope the problem is definitely solved by itself.
Thank you again anyway.

Ciao
Ilaria

2009/11/13 andrea antonello <[hidden email]>
Hi Ilaria,
could you launch it from console with:  -consoleLog -debug arguments
and send us the output?

Ciao
Andrea

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 10:41 AM, Ilaria Pretto <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Dear all,
> I have a problem while launching JGrass (from linux operative system).
>
> The program seems to load correctly (the status bar of the workbench loads)
> but in the end nothing appear and the program doesn't start.
>
> I tried to delete the folder 'Workspace' and also to add the string '-clean'
> to the 'jgrass.ini' file. I have also re-downloaded the latest version from
> the web site, unzipped it and launched, but nothing is solved after all this
> procedure and JGrass doesn't start.
>
> Any suggestion will be very welcome.
> Thank you
>
> Ilaria

Re: Problm in launching JGrass

Andrea Antonello
When I was young, we used just to restart the operating system...
things are getting harder in the OS world, now we have to upgrade :)

Jokes apart, glad to hear it worked.

Cheers,
Andrea