QldGlobe

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

QldGlobe

Nevw
I noticed a mapper quoting “Added watercourses, upgraded roads to tertiary roads as per QLDGlobe.” in some of his changesets in the Innisfail area.
So using data from the https://qldglobe.information.qld.gov.au/ 
The few areas I checked displayed very high resolution imagery and would be useful to an OpenStreetMap mapper and there appears to be multiple layers available.
The terms and conditions are https://dnrme.qld.gov.au/home/legal/terms-conditions-online-services
Can someone confirm or otherwise that the licence is incompatible unless we have a signed waiver to allow us to use in OSM, and that we have no signed waiver to date.
Nevw
_______________________________________________
Talk-au mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/talk-au
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

QldGlobe

Nevw
I assume the QldGlobe is just a different way to project all their datasets.
Further info: https://www.dnrme.qld.gov.au/home/about-us/open-data

On 5 Apr 2018, at 11:05 pm, nwastra <[hidden email]> wrote:

I noticed a mapper quoting “Added watercourses, upgraded roads to tertiary roads as per QLDGlobe.” in some of his changesets in the Innisfail area.
So using data from the https://qldglobe.information.qld.gov.au/
The few areas I checked displayed very high resolution imagery and would be useful to an OpenStreetMap mapper and there appears to be multiple layers available.
The terms and conditions are https://dnrme.qld.gov.au/home/legal/terms-conditions-online-services
Can someone confirm or otherwise that the licence is incompatible unless we have a signed waiver to allow us to use in OSM, and that we have no signed waiver to date.
Nevw

_______________________________________________
Talk-au mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/talk-au
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

QldGlobe

Nevw
I see no mention of the Qld Govt dept Natural Resources Mines and Energy on the following web page which appears to be the most current page we should refer to.
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Contributors

N

On 6 Apr 2018, at 2:19 am, nwastra <[hidden email]> wrote:

I assume the QldGlobe is just a different way to project all their datasets.
Further info: https://www.dnrme.qld.gov.au/home/about-us/open-data

On 5 Apr 2018, at 11:05 pm, nwastra <[hidden email]> wrote:

I noticed a mapper quoting “Added watercourses, upgraded roads to tertiary roads as per QLDGlobe.” in some of his changesets in the Innisfail area.
So using data from the https://qldglobe.information.qld.gov.au/
The few areas I checked displayed very high resolution imagery and would be useful to an OpenStreetMap mapper and there appears to be multiple layers available.
The terms and conditions are https://dnrme.qld.gov.au/home/legal/terms-conditions-online-services
Can someone confirm or otherwise that the licence is incompatible unless we have a signed waiver to allow us to use in OSM, and that we have no signed waiver to date.
Nevw

_______________________________________________
Talk-au mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/talk-au
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: QldGlobe

Andrew Harvey-3
In reply to this post by Nevw
That's right, the data layers in the Queensland Globe mostly come from QSpatial  run by DNRME. We haven't yet been able to get the OSMF CC BY waiver completed yet, see https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-au/2018-March/011694.html so they can't be used in OSM yet.

Could you post the affected changesets? If you don't hear back via a changeset comment best to revert them.

On 5 April 2018 at 23:05, nwastra <[hidden email]> wrote:
I noticed a mapper quoting “Added watercourses, upgraded roads to tertiary roads as per QLDGlobe.” in some of his changesets in the Innisfail area.
So using data from the https://qldglobe.information.qld.gov.au/
The few areas I checked displayed very high resolution imagery and would be useful to an OpenStreetMap mapper and there appears to be multiple layers available.
The terms and conditions are https://dnrme.qld.gov.au/home/legal/terms-conditions-online-services
Can someone confirm or otherwise that the licence is incompatible unless we have a signed waiver to allow us to use in OSM, and that we have no signed waiver to date.
Nevw
_______________________________________________
Talk-au mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/talk-au


_______________________________________________
Talk-au mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/talk-au
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: QldGlobe

Nevw
There are only two changesets that specifically refer to QLDGlobe data being used and I have left a message for the mapper on the later of them suggesting ways it maybe resolved.


Nev


On 6 Apr 2018, at 9:52 AM, Andrew Harvey <[hidden email]> wrote:

Could you post the affected changesets? If you don't hear back via a changeset comment best to revert them.


_______________________________________________
Talk-au mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/talk-au