Quantcast

Question about OpenOffice depency

Giuseppe Aruta
Hi Saig Team
As I can see, under Linux,these are the depencies to Openoffice

# paths de los distintos classpath por defecto para openoffice
/opt/openoffice.org3/program
/opt/openoffice.org3/basis-
link/program/classes/unoil.jar
/opt/openoffice.org/ure/share/java/unoloader.jar
/opt/openoffice.org/ure/share/java/juh.jar
/opt/openoffice.org/ure/share/java/jurt.jar
/opt/openoffice.org/ure/share/java/ridl.jar
/opt/openoffice.org/ure/share/java/java_uno.jar

I can easly modify these paths according to my Open/LibreOffice installation path (I use Ubuntu)

I can see the jar file. But I wonder if the .../openoffice.org3/program is a depency to all OOO program files or only to some selected binaries.

thanks for the answer

Giuseppe Aruta

PS when Kosmo 2.1?

Re: Question about OpenOffice depency

Sergio Baños Calvo
Hi Giuseppe.

Glad to see you again ^^.

OpenOffice Linux paths dependencies are all the present at the file bin/oodefaultpath.cfg, as you stated. /opt/openoffice.org3/program path is present because it uses some binaries that must be there.

Current OpenOffice extension has been tested against OpenOffice 3.3 (3.2 and 3.1 also) and LibreOffice 3.3 (this one only in Windows). Remember to download the original binaries from OpenOffice.org, custom Linux distributions may not work because they remove some of the binaries we need at the extension.

Kosmo Desktop 2.1 is almost ready, it had a release date for last September but we had to delay it due to project endlines. We plan to have it ready and published as soon as we finish them.

Regards,

LibreOffice
El 27/11/2012 14:25, Giuseppe Aruta escribió:
[...]

Jefe de desarrollos
Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG S.L.)
Tlfno. móvil: 685005960
Tlfno. fijo: (+34) 954788876

E-mail: [hidden email]

Re: Question about OpenOffice depency

Giuseppe Aruta
Hola Sergio,
glad to here you too! I have many questions after this 2 years, I will try to explain in this letter.
But first of all, if there are some extra translation in Italian for Kosmo 2.1 , let me know.

1) I tried to make a "portable" version of Kosmo with all Openoffice depencies to avoid to install OpenOffice on any computer I want to test/show Kosmo (expecially during courses). In my experience OpenOffice can be a valid tool   to print large maps (A2 amd A1) as regular printing tool in Kosmo has a limit in page size (due to installed printer) and quality of render. I also ported OpenJUMP "Save to SVG" plugin to find another solution but it seems to be buggy on Kosmo (limits of size and number of features) even if I was able to export few features as SVG. What else: divide a project in many close views and save all as raster, than mosaic them with gdal - too long aeven if the quality is good. Anyhow the end limit of all solution is the quality of the render, except OpenOffice solution.

2) I also tried to build a working version of Kosmo for MacOSX. I checked that the majority of libraries are available on other softwares and used them (except the database ones, but Kosmo can work even without these libraries), I used them and changed the script run file according to MacOSX specs (it helped me the experience with OpenJUMp and the good work that Edgar Soldin did for that software). But also the first tests didn't have a result. I had an exception on jre as it cannot find the com.vividsolutions.jump.workbench.JUMPWorkbench. Is anything else I can do? Do I have to recompile some parts of saig.jar file? Or do I have to drop this project? AFAIR we had a discussion about Kosmo for MacOSX some years ago and there were problems with CRS tools.
I will be glad if you give some hints, Well! It would be nice to have an Official SAIG Kosmo for Mac, of coarse

3) I try some programming on Kosmo saig.jar source code.
a) On advanced symbology. I miss a tool that resize point symbols according to the scale view (similar to what happens with the text symbology
b) on advanced symbology it is difficult to understand the point symbols (vector) as the tool shows only the name. The simplest solution is to add a button that calls a simple image viewer which opens an image (located into lib folder) showing the symbols.

This is a synthesis of various projects, if I have time

this is the script I used for Kosmo

#!/bin/sh
# Kosmo.sh
KOSMO_LIBS_PATH="../libs"
export PROJ_LIB="./crs/data"

if [ -n "$DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH" ]; then
    export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=$KOSMO_LIBS_PATH:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
else
    export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=$KOSMO_LIBS_PATH
fi
MACSTUFF="-Xdock:name=Kosmo -Dapple.laf.useScreenMenuBar=true  -Dapple.awt.showGrowBox=true"
CLASSPATH=saig.jar

java  -d32 $MACSTUFF -Dswing.defaultlaf=javax.swing.plaf.metal.MetalLookAndFeel -Djava.library.path=/usr/lib:"../libs" -Dsun.java2d.d3d=false -cp $CLASSPATH   -Xmx800M com.vividsolutions.jump.workbench.JUMPWorkbench -plug-in-directory ./ext

Best regards

Giuseppe

2012/11/28 Sergio Baños Calvo <[hidden email]>
[...]

Tlfno. fijo: <a href="tel:%28%2B34%29%20954788876" value="+34954788876" target="_blank">(+34) 954788876

E-mail: [hidden email]

Re: Question about OpenOffice depency

Sergio Baños Calvo
Hi Giuseppe.

I'll make a "call to arms" for language update a few weeks before the official release date of the new version. We have a few new strings to translate ;)

I'll answer the rest of question between lines:

El 28/11/2012 15:09, Giuseppe Aruta escribió:
[...]

1) Yes, basic printing tool is a bit short of functionalities / capacities, that's the reason we decided to use OpenOffice to get better results on printing. Next Kosmo Desktop version has a PDF exporter tool too, that's another alternative the user will have.

If you need help in porting OpenJUMP "Save to SVG" plugin just tell it to me, I could lend you a hand with it ;)

[...]

2) We didn't release a Kosmo Desktop MacOSX version due to library problems. If other softwares have made them available, we could try again to generate a distribution of it. You don't need to recompile the saig.jar file in order to make it work. May be the script launcher is not complete, seems like apart from saig.jar you'd need to add the other classpath present at windows bat

3) I try some programming on Kosmo saig.jar source code.
a) On advanced symbology. I miss a tool that resize point symbols according to the scale view (similar to what happens with the text symbology

3-a) Simbology is probably the most improved part in Kosmo Desktop 2.1. One of the new features is the possibility for selecting the symbol units (pixel by default, but you can set up m, km, cm, ...) in order to make it change depending on the current scale (this works not only for point symbols but also for line/polygon widths).

Apart from this, here it's an incomplete list of new symbology features / improvements that will be present at the next version:
  • Labelling options:
    • Follow line-> The label will follow exactly the line it belongs to
    • Repeat label -> Allow to repeat the same label along the line it belongs to
    • Automatic new line -> It will generate a multiline label when it reaches the given size (in pixels). Multiline labels can be forced with \n inside the label value
    • Minimum distance between labels -> Allow to set up a minimum distance between 2 different labels to draw both of them
    • Maximum label displacement -> The labelling algorithm has been improved in order to allow to change label anchor options to place it into the screen. This options allows also to displace it up to the given distance from the anchor point in order to find a proper placement
    • Graphic background -> Allow to set up a graphic shield back to the label
    • Font selection -> a combobox with an example of text is shown for each font available
  • Line
    • Improved the way line is drawn to get better results
  • Polygon fill
    • Improved the way fill is drawn to get better results
    • New option -> Gradient fill
  • Decorators
    • New decorators architecture and options: the decorators present at basic options are now configurable (color, size, angle, ...). And there are a few news that weren't present in Kosmo Desktop 2.0.1

I have attached some images that show some of them ;) :

a) Polygon gradient fill - 1

b) Polygon gradient fill - 2

c) Labelling autowrap

d) Line border

e) Labelling graphic shield - 1

f) Labelling graphic shield - 2

b) on advanced symbology it is difficult to understand the point symbols (vector) as the tool shows only the name. The simplest solution is to add a button that calls a simple image viewer which opens an image (located into lib folder) showing the symbols.

3-b) It hasn't been implemented yet, but a combobox that shows an example of each symbol is planned to be present also for Kosmo Desktop 2.1 (it works in a similar way that the font selector)

Regards,

[...]

Tlfno. fijo: <a moz-do-not-send="true" href="tel:%28%2B34%29%20954788876" value="+34954788876" target="_blank">(+34) 954788876

E-mail: [hidden email]

Sergio Baños Calvo

Jefe de desarrollos
Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG S.L.)
Tlfno. móvil: 685005960
Tlfno. fijo: (+34) 954788876

E-mail: [hidden email]

Re: Question about OpenOffice depency

Giuseppe Aruta
Wow! These improvements are great and surely make Kosmo more flexible on mapping projects (mt job).
I look forward  for thes new realize version