R: [Kosmo_int] Re: 1. New symbols for points and lines (Giuseppe Aruta)

R: [Kosmo_int] Re: 1. New symbols for points and lines (Giuseppe Aruta)

Giuseppe Aruta
Hi Antonio,
the file DOC explain the type of each symbols.

Some of the geo01,02,etc are specific for geologist, these are the most wide and used one (embedded with some variation into arcview, too). Some of them can be used for other kind of works.

the group line_01, etc are basic morphological and geological symbols (fault, thrust, etc). They are widely used into geological maps but they belong to morphological symbology so some of them (the asimetric one) are widely used in topographic maps too (ridge, collapsed areas, etc)

the group sym01 to sym07, etc are generic symbols. sym08,09 and sym10 are connected to the type of quarries (generic open quarry, sandy quarry, generic quarry).

Some of them are really simple to make using Kosmo create symbol tool. Others, (the asimmetric line) are made using openjump, WKT text and mapserver (and Kosmo) symbol standards

regards

Giuseppe