RSS Feed goodness

stevec-4
Hello all

Today I made a little ruby script to generate a RSS 2.0 valid feed of
the GPX files uploaded, including a link to the start of each track, its
name, the number of points and the email of the person who uploaded the
track.

The RSS is here:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/feeds/gpx_files.rss

You can track other things like subversion, the wiki, mailing list:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/wiki/index.php/Feeds

If you would like a link to a window of the whole track, more RSS feeds
or other features then please put requests on the wiki and copy to the
list? Even better, the script is in subversion so you can hack on it
yourself.

PS if you use bloglines then it might have cached a broken old version
of the rss. The RSS updates every hour.

have fun,

SteveC [hidden email] http://www.fractalus.com/steve/

Re: RSS Feed goodness

Graham Wall
Good work. I like it.

Might be best to mangle the email addresses a bit though, like the
mailing list archives.

Graham

On 06/07/05, SteveC <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello all
>
> Today I made a little ruby script to generate a RSS 2.0 valid feed of
> the GPX files uploaded, including a link to the start of each track, its
> name, the number of points and the email of the person who uploaded the
> track.
>
> The RSS is here:
>
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/feeds/gpx_files.rss
>
> You can track other things like subversion, the wiki, mailing list:
>
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/wiki/index.php/Feeds
>
> If you would like a link to a window of the whole track, more RSS feeds
> or other features then please put requests on the wiki and copy to the
> list? Even better, the script is in subversion so you can hack on it
> yourself.
>
> PS if you use bloglines then it might have cached a broken old version
> of the rss. The RSS updates every hour.
>
> have fun,
>
> SteveC [hidden email] http://www.fractalus.com/steve/

Re: RSS Feed goodness

stevec-4
> Good work. I like it.
>
> Might be best to mangle the email addresses a bit though, like the
> mailing list archives.

Excellent idea. Done.