Raster Profile Tool

Bis Nulama
Dear all,

I am using the Raster Profile Tool on a DEM to draw the profile of a river.
I have some questions:
- is there a way to create a shp layer with a line on it and ask jgrass to draw the profile along that line?
- is there a way to draw a multiple profile? (for example I have the DEM and also a raster file with municipality boundaries and I'd like to draw the profile and at teh same time know the name of the municipality in wich the river flows...)
- is there a way to save the profile in a vector file (such as dxf)?

Thanks for your help

laura

Preparati alla sfida all'ultima combinazione, gioca con Crosswire!

Re: Raster Profile Tool

Andrea Antonello
Hi Laura,

> I am using the Raster Profile Tool on a DEM to draw the profile of a river.
> I have some questions:
> - is there a way to create a shp layer with a line on it and ask jgrass to
> draw the profile along that line?

Yes, that is possible, but limited to one linestring. Have a look at this:
http://jgrasstechtips.blogspot.com/2008/08/back-from-vacation-profile-is-back-with.html

> - is there a way to draw a multiple profile? (for example I have the DEM and
> also a raster file with municipality boundaries and I'd like to draw the
> profile and at teh same time know the name of the municipality in wich the
> river flows...)

That sounds cool, but is not possible right now. Should be fairly easy
to implement though.

> - is there a way to save the profile in a vector file (such as dxf)?

The only export method currently is in progressive/height mode in
ascii. I have already been asked to add coordinates, which I find a
good idea.
Didn't get to it thought.

I did something on dxf to make a start in the hope to get foundings to
make the library seriously work in JGrass. Didn't get any and the
draft part got obsolete.
Dxf would be cool anyway, since we could make teh third dimension
persistent to file.

Andrea

PS: if you feel, open enhancement requests on the bugtracker. You
never know what might happen.

> Thanks for your help
>
> laura

Re: Raster Profile Tool

Gyu-Ho Lim (임규호)
Hello, Andrea Antonello:

I asked a help for the crashing of jgrass on Fedora 10 a couple of weeks
ago.
Your guessing is right.
Jgrass is neatly running on Fedora 10.
My solution is as follows:

Downloading the old version of xulrunner by conferring Alexis' blog of
which
address is http://blog.alexonrails.net/?p=120. And then add an option:
-Dorg.eclipse.swt.browser.XULRunnerPath=/opt/xulrunner in jgrass.ini file.

Thank a lot. And also I hope my finding can help someone who had or has a
similar
problem as I had before.

Gyu-Ho Lim

[hidden email]] On Behalf Of andrea antonello
Sent: Tuesday, June 09, 2009 5:05 PM
To: List for jgrass users
Subject: Re: [JGrass-users] Raster Profile Tool

Hi Laura,