Re: Access designation for private cemetery roads

Re: Access designation for private cemetery roads

Randy-4
Cartinus wrote:

>On Tuesday 08 December 2009 09:47:05 Steve Bennett wrote:
>>>opening_hours=sunrise to sunset
>>
>>Is this really the standard tag? You'd think "opening_hours=daylight"
>>would
>>be better.
>
>There is no standard for this (yet). Last time I checked the wiki only had
>syntax for exact times. The signs for this in the Netherlands (where I am
>mapping) however use "zonsopgang tot zonsondergang" (sunrise to sunset) and
>not "daglicht" (daylight).

There are definable times for sunrise and sunset. Daylight is a little
more nebulus, I believe. But, I think the tag should match the signage,
assuming there is any, be it the former, the latter or clock time.

--
Randy

Re: Access designation for private cemetery roads

Morten Kjeldgaard-2
Randy wrote:

> There are definable times for sunrise and sunset. Daylight is a little
> more nebulus, I believe. But, I think the tag should match the signage,
> assuming there is any, be it the former, the latter or clock time.

Who in their right mind would go to a cemetery after dark anyway?

-- Morten

Re: Access designation for private cemetery roads

Richard Weait
On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 9:28 AM, Morten Kjeldgaard <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Randy wrote:
>
>> There are definable times for sunrise and sunset. Daylight is a little
>> more nebulus, I believe. But, I think the tag should match the signage,
>> assuming there is any, be it the former, the latter or clock time.
>
> Who in their right mind would go to a cemetery after dark anyway?

Twilight fans?  Oh.  "Right mind."  My mistake.  ;-)

Re: Access designation for private cemetery roads

Tsvi Mostovicz
On Thursday 10 December 2009 14:00:04 [hidden email] wrote:

> Who in their right mind would go to a cemetery after dark anyway?
>
> -- Morten

Well, in Jerusalem it is customary not  to let the deceased "sleep over".
Meaning the moment it is possible they'll bury the deceased even if that means
burying him/her at 2 am. Many a time was I witness to late-night burials of
relatives. I don't know if this custom exists also in other Jewish
communities, to the best of my knowledge this is a Jerusalem-only custom.

In any case people won't go "visit" the cemetery at night. So the question
seems still appropriate.

-- Tsvi

Re: Access designation for private cemetery roads

Per Lindström-3
onsdag 09 december 2009 15.28.46 skrev  Morten Kjeldgaard:
> Randy wrote:
> > There are definable times for sunrise and sunset. Daylight is a little
> > more nebulus, I believe. But, I think the tag should match the signage,
> > assuming there is any, be it the former, the latter or clock time.
>
> Who in their right mind would go to a cemetery after dark anyway?
>
> -- Morten

People living far north where it may be dark all day in the winter, maybe.
--
/Per Lindström