Re: DIY Streetview Camera

Rob Nickerson
You could try setting up a rig of Raspberry Pi's and camera boards. You can only have one camera per RPi, but you could have several RPi's and use one to trigger the shutter on all of them (at least I would imagine that to be possible), Here is some time lapse video taken using a RPi camera whilst driving:
Fixed focus, 5MP. Lot cheaper than multiple DSLR's :-)

Re: DIY Streetview Camera

john whelan-2
Many Canon PowerShots can run CHDK which allows remote control through the USB port, SDM offer even more flexibility and the nice part is someone else has worked through the issues.  I think I've seen compatible cameras for less than $50 at staples locally.

http://stereo.jpn.org/eng/sdm/index.htm

Cheerio John