Re: Drawing Landuse Area

Dudley Ibbett
Hi

This posting is partially related to a recent post I made asking about linking field boundaries (barriers) to roads.  I should add my interest is mapping paths in the UK countryside so my comments relate to a rural environment.  The response I received seem to suggest not to linking the barrier to the road but draw a boundary parallel to the road was the preferred method of mapping.  The suggestion to use the make parallel way helps with this.  I am in effect drawing boundaries (barriers) that could be tagged as a landuse area but am choosing instead just to tag the "area" boundary as a barrier.  I appreciate if can look "messy" as you up the resolution near the road, which is why I asked the original question but it would seem that linking to the road just causes problems for future edits.

Landuse, residential, graveyard, farmyard, commercial are all useful tags.  Only recently I was able to identify a path as going though the graveyard of a church rather than the adjacent residential area.

Regards

Dudley

Re: Drawing Landuse Area

John Sturdy
On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 7:11 PM, Dudley Ibbett <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Only recently I was able to identify a path as going though the graveyard of
> a church rather than the adjacent residential area.

I think this is another common occurrence --- a (foot) path going
along the edge of a field, churchyard, etc, but just *inside* the area
from the barrier, whereas a road generally goes just outside the
barrier.  And distinguishing these is good.

__John