Re: Feature Proposal - RFC - Tramtrack on highway&In-Reply-To=<LQEKhFS--3-1@tutanota.com>

Nikulainen, Jukka K
Hi all!

Thank you for all for good points and special thanks to Mateusz for the pictures and further proposals! Sorry for the delay in my replies.

As Mateusz mentioned it might be better to use a more general tag for tramtracks on a highway than just an access-key for bicyclists.

On the other hand, the real danger of the indents in the tracks is really only applicable for bicyclists. Furthermore, although car drivers might be interested to know that there might be trams operating on the highway, the tracks are a permanent feature of the road and pose a threat to bicyclists _all_ the time.

But the more I think about it, the more I find myself attracted to Mateusz's point. Would a more general tag enjoy greater success in voting, do you think?

Sincerely,
Jukka (Tolstoi21)

Re: Feature Proposal - RFC - Tramtrack on highway&In-Reply-To=<LQEKhFS--3-1@tutanota.com>

Warin
On 04/11/18 19:12, Nikulainen, Jukka K wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> Thank you for all for good points and special thanks to Mateusz for the pictures and further proposals! Sorry for the delay in my replies.
>
> As Mateusz mentioned it might be better to use a more general tag for tramtracks on a highway than just an access-key for bicyclists.
>
> On the other hand, the real danger of the indents in the tracks is really only applicable for bicyclists. Furthermore, although car drivers might be interested to know that there might be trams operating on the highway, the tracks are a permanent feature of the road and pose a threat to bicyclists _all_ the time.
>
> But the more I think about it, the more I find myself attracted to Mateusz's point. Would a more general tag enjoy greater success in voting, do you think?

They are also a threat/dangerous to scooters and motorcycles.

Re: Feature Proposal - RFC - Tramtrack on highway&In-Reply-To=<LQEKhFS--3-1@tutanota.com>

> On 4. Nov 2018, at 09:12, Nikulainen, Jukka K <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> As Mateusz mentioned it might be better to use a more general tag for tramtracks on a highway than just an access-key for bicyclists.
>
> On the other hand, the real danger of the indents in the tracks is really only applicable for bicyclists.

dangerous situations should not be mapped with access restrictions, unless the restrictions legally apply

Cheers, Martin