Re: How to tag prefab / movable buildings

Re: How to tag prefab / movable buildings

> On 27. Sep 2018, at 15:05, François Lacombe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Should it be building:prefabricated or something else?

along the lines of my reply above, I would suggest structure:prefabricated=yes
facade:prefabricated=yes
etc.
of course there should be definitions what is intended by facade (according to the type of facade it can either be just that or can be load bearing).
or we decide prefabricated=yes indicates that both, structure and facade are prefabricated.

Tagging of construction types would either require sufficient publicly available documentation or your observation of the construction process, or a building that doesn’t hide it.

Re: How to tag prefab / movable buildings

Graeme Fitzpatrick
How about demountable buildings, which are "supposed" to be temporary (but I know of some at schools that have been in place for +30 years now!)

Thanks

Graeme

Re: How to tag prefab / movable buildings

François Lacombe-2
Hi all,

Prefabrication often ease the move of such buildings but it's not mandatory.

According to all suggestions, what about this:
structure:prefabricated=yes (the whole building is prefabricated)
structure:prefabricated=facade (only the facade)
structure:prefabricated= * any building part *

OR
building:prefabricated=yes
facade:prefabricated=yes
* any building part*:prefabricated=yes

structure:prefabricated is not consistent facade:prefabricated=yes since structure is not an actual building part

I'd go for the second one, let me know.

All the best
François