Re: ​Mapping Southern Maryland: A new local group

Re: ​Mapping Southern Maryland: A new local group

Alan Bragg
Eric,
I'm not ready to join your group but I'm willing to put in a couple hours armchair mapping once you have a specific task. Just let me know.
Thanks for posting.
Alan Bragg
Bedford MA

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 21:57:54 -0400
From: "Eric H. Christensen" <[hidden email]>
To: [hidden email]
Cc: [hidden email]
Subject: [Talk-us]
​​
Mapping Southern Maryland: A new local group

Greetings,

A couple of weeks ago I reached out to many of the OSM account holders that are in my area hoping they would be interested in creating a local community for mapping southern Maryland.  I found a few victims and so we're pressing on!

I'm still working on all the logistics (website, listserv, etc) but I have created a wiki page[0] where I'll start collecting information regarding the community.  If you'd like to join us please put your name on the wiki page.  I hope to have all the infrastructure figured out over the coming days.

[0] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mapping_Southern_Maryland

Thanks!

- --Eric

------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 19:13:29 -0700
From: Clifford Snow <[hidden email]>
To: "Eric H. Christensen" <[hidden email]>
Cc: [hidden email], talk-us <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: [Talk-us] Mapping Southern Maryland: A new local group

Eric,
Way to go! If you need any help organizing let us know. There is a good
lighting talk at this years SOTM-US on conducting a Mapathon by Robin
Tolochko, UW Madison. The talk is online at
http://stateofthemap.us/lightning-talks-sun/

Clifford

T M

Re: ​Mapping Southern Maryland: A new local group

T M
Eric

Did you contact Univ of MD Eastern Shore? If not I can put you in contact with their GIS professor?

Tom Mueller

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

Re: ​Mapping Southern Maryland: A new local group

Eric H. Christensen-2
On Saturday, June 27, 2015 04:28:26 PM T M wrote:
> Did you contact Univ of MD Eastern Shore? If not I can put you in contact
> with their GIS professor?

I haven't, mostly because it's outside of our intended geographic area of
interest*, but I certainly wouldn't be against it.  One of the people that
showed interest is a student at UMD in College Park so we'll try to make
contacts that way as well.

Thanks for the offer.  I'd very much enjoy talking with others and introducing
OSM as a way to teach GIS/cartography.

--Eric

* Southern Maryland generally applies to the areas of Calvert, St. Mary's,
Charles, and southern PG and Anne Arundel counties.  I am in no way limiting
membership and would happily expand to other areas if there was enough
interest.  The Eastern Shore, while 'close' geographically would require a
boat ride to actually be close.  :)

T M

Re: ​Mapping Southern Maryland: A new local group

T M
Traci Bishop is her name [hidden email]

Tom

GIS 4 LIFE !