Re: [OSM-talk] Taginfo challenge

brycenesbitt
So what about keys like this:
With non-English components after the colon.  Should these be encouraged? Discouraged?

Re: [OSM-talk] Taginfo challenge

Andreas Goss
I would say discouraged, but I could see how they make sense sometimes.
Althoug in this case I don't get it, this is what googles gives me.

name Osaka Station = (Umeda Station)
name: <JR West> = Osaka Station
name: <Yotsubashi Line> = Nishi-Umeda Station
name: <Midōsuji Line> =Umeda Station
name: <Tanimachi Line> = Higashi-Umeda Station
name: <Hankyu> =Umeda Station
name: <Hanshin> =Umeda Station

> So what about keys like this:
> https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/4223325/history
> With non-English components after the colon.  Should these be
> encouraged? Discouraged?

Re: [OSM-talk] Taginfo challenge

jgpacker
I don't know about this specific case, but if a key by definition can be used only in places where language X is spoken, then I think it would make sense to have them in language X

I know at least one tag that works like that:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:py%C3%B6r%C3%A4_v%C3%A4ist%C3%A4%C3%A4_aina_autoa