Re: [Openstreetmap] speed, at last

Thomas Walraet
Tommy Persson a écrit :

> Why do you not cache it locally at the users machine?  In osmpedit I
> cache the tiles locally and usualy you edit the same area that you
> have edited before so editing is nearly always very fast.

The javascript viewer cache titles naturally, thanks to the browser cache.

But for the applet, I don't think it's possible to do. An applet cannot
use the local machine hard drive...

(fu2 -dev)

Re: [Openstreetmap] speed, at last

Andy Armstrong
On 12 Jan 2006, at 15:44, Thomas Walraet wrote:
> But for the applet, I don't think it's possible to do. An applet
> cannot use the local machine hard drive...

Yes it can. It can request that privilege which will pop up a
requester and then you OK it.

--
Andy Armstrong, hexten.net

Re: [Openstreetmap] speed, at last

Tommy Persson

> Tommy Persson a écrit :
> >
> > Why do you not cache it locally at the users machine?  In osmpedit I
> > cache the tiles locally and usualy you edit the same area that you
> > have edited before so editing is nearly always very fast.
>
> The javascript viewer cache titles naturally, thanks to the browser cache.

Why is then the landsat tiles reloaded?  Why not just reload the
tracks and the segments and display them onto the cached tiles?

/Tommy

Re: Re: [Openstreetmap] speed, at last

Mikel Maron
Currently the landsat and vector layers are composted and cached together.
So what you suggest is indeed sensible; would take adjustments on the server
and in the clients. We'd switch over the track tiles to semi-transparent PNGs
and layer them over the landsat tiles.