Re: ​Promoting OSM through the media (Bryce Nesbitt)

Re: ​Promoting OSM through the media (Bryce Nesbitt)

Alan Bragg
I liked Bryce's excellent idea to comment on a news story by linking to a OSM "node". Following the link gave a reader not only the  location but all of the detail of his changeset.

I tried this today by linking a news article to a "way" encompassing a controversial housing development in my town. My link added context to the news article that only included the lot numbers. Next I'll contact our local editor and see if I can link to articles before they are published, maybe I can teach her how to make the links.

I'd like to hear more ways to promote OSM. What's yours?

Alan

Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2015 09:47:27 -0800
From: Bryce Nesbitt <[hidden email]>
Subject: [OSM-talk] Promoting OSM through the media
Here's a small example of promoting OSM through watching media stories:
http://www.fayettevilleflyer.com/2015/10/27/bicycle-repair-station-installed-at-lake-fayetteville-trail/

See the comment at the end with a link to the mapping of this announced
feature.